Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Now Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 30 January 2014
I just love baking with this cake pan. It does not stick and the final results is breath-taking, it gives the cake beautiful look and taste too, just like on the picture. I make mine mixing 6 egg yolks, grated lemon peel, vanillin, 250 g icing sugar, 250 g "00" flour, 100 ml vegetable oil, 100 ml water, 1tsp baking powder for cakes - I mixed it all and then slowly add 6 mixed egg whites and bake it for 40 min. Sometimes I add chopped chocolate. Yummy with a cup of tea.
on 1 May 2012
I can bake, was baking since I was old enough to stand on the stool. I love to bake. Apart from cleaning it is the only thing I am really great at. my friends and family would ask me to bake them cakes all the time. One in particular friend has had many kitchen disasters, she really does struggle to boil water. she is the classic kitchen klutz.. she's blown up her pressure cooker, taken the lid of her blender so she could see the mixture swirl and even put a metal ready meal tray in the microwave.. To say she doesn't know her way around the kitchen is an under-statement. One night she came round to mine in a flap:

Friend: " I need a cake. I need it tonight"
me: " what's with the urgency? "
friend" "the future in-laws are coming round tonight!" She actually said the name at the time but don't want to land her up the royal canal. " I need one of your impressive ones"
me: "Ah...Choose a pan"
friend "that one" she points to her usual favourite Fleur de lis. "very fitting at a time like this" she said handing me the pan

She considers her Mil a right royal pain in the a*** because she can never do anything right in her MIL's eyes (she is a little bit stern). To cut a long (at the risk of boring the reader ) but funny story short I baked her Fiance's (at the time) favourite, chocolate cake and made it my mission to make her bake. So I bought her, her own Fleur de lis and presented it to her for her birthday with a nordic ware recipe book. let her borrow my cups and spoons and made her bake her own birthday cake... We had heaps of fun in her kitchen with a bottle of wine and me watching her for a change but... THE CAKE turned out Perfect.

Which proves (I'm going to get into so much trouble for this) follow the instructions and any idiot can bake a perfect cake with Nordic-ware.

the simple rules with any baking but especially nordic ware:
1, always pre- heat the oven,
2, butter and dust pan with flour (sprinkle a little in and pat the pan turning it) ensuring fully coated then tip it upside down until you are ready to fill.
3, weigh out all ingredients before mixing (unless you know the recipe off by heart)
4, set a timer on your cooker/ phone etc as soon as you put the cake in the oven
5, once in the oven Don't open the door until the timer goes off
6, check with a skewer to see if the cake is done ( if the skewer comes out with batter on it put the cake straight back in and leave for another 5-10mins before checking again)
7, when cake is ready. Remove from oven and set your timer for 10 mins only let it stand then turn it out

a 10 cup pan nordic ware Bundt makes any form of cake, lb/ pound cake, madera, carrot cake literally any cake recipe except maybe a victoria sponge which is too light and airy for the design can be used in a Bundt.
review image
77 Comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2016
Tin was purchased for me in the US as cheaper there. Fantastic product, things I have found useful are:

1. I found a DIY mixture to oil the pan online - one third Trex/flour/sunflower oil - this works better for me than expensive bought sprays.
2. I have had a mixed experience with butter based sponges and have switched to sunflower oil. Better rise and it does not stick at all.
3. As others have said, it is important to remove the cake after 10 minutes out of the oven.
4. Best recipe so far - Mary Berry on the BBC website.
5. Best cheating tip - cake mix works very well, especially if you add things like ground almonds and cherries.
6. Ganache icing works well for chocolate cakes.
review image
on 1 March 2013
This cake pan is great for making the special occasion cakes for larger party's, when greased cakes just drop out of the tin
on 10 April 2011
Purchased a fleur de lis bundt pan and it is brilliant. The cake looked great and a bundt recipe needs to be used for this type of pan. Well made product.
on 17 April 2012
I have searched for cake tins for long time in shops and I never found anything I liked. Once I have seen Nordic Ware Bundt Pans on Amazon I fell in love with them! So far I bought 3 different types and I am very happy with all of them. With these tins you will always make impressive cake for any occasion. I am using them all the time now. I was afraid the cake won't come out of the tin easily. I was wrong. I grease the tin with butter rather than oil and than I use flour to cover properly every little corner of the tin before putting the dough in. Never ever had a problem with taking the cake out of the bundt pan! The tins are very good quality so I can highly recommend it to anybody who wants to impress their family or friends. :-)Nordicware Fleur de Lis Bundt Pan
on 3 March 2016
Love it. - Do butter it well though, before use and you'll adore this beautiful tin It turns a simple cake into a fantastic creation, without all the effort.
on 27 February 2012
Was a bit apprehensive because I never thought this mould would work - but it does! Its fantastic, as long as it is greased accordingly the bundt cake comes out so easy and looks so professional.

Definitely a good investment.
on 5 January 2017
A good solid tin, super quality as I expected from Nordic Ware (I own a smaller bundt tin of the same make).

I find that preparing the tin by evenly greasing the inside with butter then lightly dusting with flour stops anything sticking.

The size seems to fit most of the recipe's I've come across, and the detail on the finished cakes from the tin looks great.

Very pleased!
on 2 January 2015
I've been baking for some time and love it. I've always bought 'cheaper' cake pans and have always regretted doing so. I think the old saying "you get what you pay for" is very apt regarding cake pans. Even though Nordic Ware pans are very expensive by comparison, finances permitting, I would always buy this brand, the first one I bought was the fleur de lis pan and immediately became a fan. The quality of the metal is amazing, the design is beautiful and, if using the proper spray, the cake comes out easily and in one piece. The density of the metal ensures the cake is thoroughly cooked. I'm so much a fan that I recently bought the Yule log pan which is just as amazing, to sum it up: great quality, great pattern, very impressive and in addition Nordic Ware have their own website with recipes for all their cakes, only downside is the measurements are given in 'cups' and not grams.