Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 August 2001
This greatest hits cd of aic has all the classic songs on it from the first aic cd to the last aic cd. You dont get that many songs on the cd, but all the tracks on it are great. There are so many amazing songs they could of added, but lets think all of aic songs are wicked. My favorite songs on the album are No Excuses, Would?, Angry Chair, Them Bones and not forgetting the ultimate classic Rooster. If your wondering why I gave this four stars its because I beleive they should have had more tracks on it. What to look for a real aic greatest hits then I suggest you buy the aic music bank box set.
VINE VOICEon 25 August 2005
I think myself that some of the criticism of this album is missing the point. This 10-track CD does exactly what it says on the tin so to speak-it's a Greatest Hits collection which I think
serves as an excellent introduction to the band, nothing more.
Be warned though, if you like the stuff on here the chances are you'll probably end up buying some or all of their other albums..then again that's probably Columbia's intention with this collection. All of Alice's best-known tracks are here, starting off with the memorable 'Man In The Box' which helped break the band with its heavy rotation on MTV, followed by several tracks from 'Dirt', their best-known(and maybe best) album - 'Them Bones' and 'Would' for example. Then we have 'No Excuses' and 'I Stay Away' from 'Jar Of Flies', a set of semi-acoustic songs which showed yet another side to the band.
The album closes with 3 tracks fron their last album, the self-titled'Alice In Chains', although maybe a couple more acoustic tracks from their 1996 MTV Unplugged sessions.
But as I say, this CD comes highly recommended as an introduction
to what Alice In Chains were about.
on 27 February 2014
The songs on this greatest hits are 5 stars, no question about it. But this release is such a sad cash in. I'm not going to blame the band who were at this point dead in the water, let's face it. The blame should go to the record label that knew there would be no new AIC material with Layne in the band.

It's just a cash grab. Pick one or two from this record and go go go. That's too easy- and how can a band that only produced up to this point 3 studio albums and 2 eps have a greatest hits? AIC are one of my favourite bands of all time but this isn't right.

I suppose the album would be ideal for people that are not really fans but liked the hits.
VINE VOICEon 7 October 2011
Exactly what it says on the cover. Alice In Chains greatest hits! If you are an interested beginner to one of the finest bands to come out of the so called Seattle Grunge scene you really can't argue with this one for quality and price. The tracks really do bring back some fine memories, thank you Alice In Chains!!
on 14 July 2005
I've only heard of Alice In Chains, but never knew their music. The reason I got this album is because I liked the song Man In The Box. But after I started listening to the rest of the songs I really started to like it.
*Man In The Box 5/5- My favorite song on the album. The beat is so kewl sounding.
*Them Bones 4/5- Good song, just not that great.
*Rooster 5/5- Even though it's kinda slow the lyrics are so great.
*Angry Chair 3/5- It's an ok song. The beats kinda cool.
*Would 5/5- I love this song! Probably my 2nd favorite. Great beat.
*No Excuses 5/5- Another great song. Great lyrics to it too.
*I Stay Away 3/5- Starts out great but kinda goes downhill a little while later.
*Grind 5/5- Awesome song, awesome beat.
*Heaven Beside You 4/5- Great song. The only reason I marked it down is because it's long and slow.
*Again 5/5- Great song, great beat, what else can I say?
on 4 September 2008
This is a very annoying album. Firstly let me avoid any confusion it is great. However at only 10 tracks it is hardly satisfying. This was the first thing I heard from AiC but it made me acquire the rest of the band's stuff. This is an introduction not an overview. Great for reeling in new fans without giving the whole game away. An album that has Man in the Box, Would?, No Excuses and Rooster could be nothing but great; but don't think that you've heard all this band has to offer. This album is only the beginning there is much much more
on 4 June 2010
One common complaint in greatest hits from bands across the world and across the genres is that its hard to please everyone by including every song.
This cd is guilty of that in some quarters but there is still enough for the curious to cherish and in fact i bought this and then bought more from them.
There are some classics here for sure and the odd wee dud but thats forgiveable as it is a cheap and cheery greatest hits shopped together quickly to serve a purpose.
It is worth getting for those who want to look into the band, fanatics need not apply.
on 2 April 2003
Mainly taken from the dirt album, the songs include layne staleys more early vocal work leading towards the more mature work later on in the cd of the later albums. The album serves to be a mini history of the style and writing development of the band throughout it's career. A must have for those new alice in chains fans to overview the work of the band.
on 7 January 2015
I'd not heard any of their work until I heard Rooster & Man in the box on the radio recently.
I thought they were great and had to order this asap.Quick delivery & well packaged.Very satisfied.
on 26 June 2014
I had forgotten just how good Alice in chains are & this album is the best example of this, a headbanger from start to finish.