on 1 March 2007
My 3 year old son loves this game and often asks for it over (I think) less educational games such as Scooby Doo. It encourages the children to learn letters, numbers, as well as letter and number sequence, sorting, patterns, deductive reasoning, time, and lots more all at their own pace. There were sections of the game which my son didn't play when we first got the game but as he has got older he now happily plays all of them and actually wants to do the alphabet race, or counting games, things that if I said lets sit down and practise your alphabet he'd run off laughuing!

Unfortunately he figured out very quickly by watching me how to change the levels on the games himself and sometimes does a level that's too easy for him - I figure he's still enjoying himself and building confidence but if you wanted to use this as a strict learning tool then I would advise only changing the levels after all children are in bed!

Highly recommended software, I am now looking at the Year 1 package for him.
on 16 May 2002
With loveable friendly characters your child will be encouraged to explore the classroom jampacked with activities. Music, artwork as well as the more traditional learning subjects such as letters and numbers are taught with songs and action so that your child learns almost without knowing it. My son loves this program and it has given him the confidence to try to use the computer for other tasks as well. All in all this is a brilliant product that will capture and maintain your child's imagination for many months to come. One word of warning though - you might become addicted yourself!!
on 20 February 2004
We are fairly new to the Jump Ahead series and got this DVD for our 4 year old daughter, who is 2 terms away from starting at school. She has not used the computer very much before, but leapt straight in with this game and was using it like a pro within minutes! There are many different areas for children to explore, all fun, and all with different learning goals. Parents can check their child's progress in different areas by checking the report card. You can also set the levels of the game to the childs abilities, by getting them to complete a short assessment first. It was simple to install and our daughter really loves it. The main problem is how to get them off your computer.....
on 3 September 2009
I bought this for my 4 year old son and he loves it. It is easy to navigate and understand and the graphics are bright and colourful. He has quite a few computer games, like Reader Rabbit, but this is his favourite.

The games on it are easy to understand and not too difficult to complete. Some children might find some of the games a bit too easy, especially if they already know letter sounds, numbers and shapes and colours. Nevertheless, it still keeps my 4 year old entertained for hours.
on 7 August 2007
My son enjoyed this cd and it gave him a good head start in school. Its has fun educational games and is very addictive. There are 3 levels of difficulty and they recieve stars for achievement and a picture of an animal. They learn alphabets using sounds, phonics, maths etc...So, its worth the money!
on 18 February 2011
I have this for my 3 year old and it might be basic looking and not all fancy, but it actually does the job really really well. My little girl loves it theres lots to do, and teaches lots about numbers and letters. theres lots she still can't do because she doesn't understand rhyming words, but she knows her numbers and some of her letters. Then after you have done well on a particular game you get a gold star, and I think after 3/4 of these stars you can enter a new animal into your scrapbook. Its sounds quite basic, I know, but she absolutely LOVES it, and is always working hard to do better so she can have another animal in her book.

for us, its not a game you can just leave them and walk away, Ineed to be there to explain the concepts quite alot and perhaps explain how to play the game, but once shes got it its great. And the good thing is that you only use the mouse, because my little one struggles with the keyboard type of games (esp left and right), but she does have good mouse control. I highly recommend!
on 5 October 2011
Seller dispatched this very quickly, and I received it within a couple of days of ordering,. My little one, who has learning difficulties had enjoyed this up to now, and loves the 'Rocket' game and all the noises. Lovely item and a nice introduction to computers at home for little ones..well done xx
on 22 February 2012
This item clearly states that it is suitable for Vista. It is not. It is suitable only for Windows98, Me, 2000 and XP as per the back of the CD box.

It does not work on Vista and I will have to return it.
on 23 October 2015
Works fine ( windows 8.1), just what I wanted for my 4 year old to start learning how to use a computer whilst having fun. It's a little dated but I didn't want her using an online learning game as they can easily click away and end up looking at other things so felt this was safer.
on 28 December 2010
I bought this for my granddaughter two years ago just before she started school. It really helped her and two years on she is the top reader in her class and has read every book for her year. I thoroughly recommend it for it certainly inspired my granddaughter.