Is This It?
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 July 2017
A timeless album. Sounds great on vinyl. Can't deny, it's simply one of the modern classics rock albums. Raw yet highly addictive
One person found this helpful
on 9 September 2001
I bought this on the strenght of the single and on first listen my initial thought was -so what!
After the second listen i started to get the vibe and by the third I was hooked. Its one of those albums that grows on each listen and although the songs are simple the Strokes add a definitive style that is their own.
As an 'oldie' Is This It' reminded me of the best bits of the New York Dolls with the added ingredient of Gene to make a mix that is pure 21st Century but with more than a glance back to 1970's punk!In a nutshell its a must buy!
One person found this helpful
on 21 June 2017
I've just got into this bands music and I think they're splendid. This album is brilliant.
on 18 April 2014
This is a fantastic album. The Strokes have certainly never done better and in fact it is the best album from that era of indie. Every track is good, My only criticisms are that there is very little variation between songs so no standout songs and I don't much like the cover art.
on 24 July 2013
One of my favourite albums of all time. The Strokes are a band that I never get tired of and are absolutely fail safe when it comes to setting the tone for a roadtrip, party or just chilling at home. Such an incredible album, would urge everyone to buy.
on 8 January 2016
Given as a gift to my boyfriend for xmas to play on his record player and he loves it. Plus it sounds great.
on 15 July 2017
is good.
on 16 October 2016
Fantastic debut album that for me, they never bettered.
on 14 January 2017
Some classic punk rock.
on 28 April 2013
Is This It, well I would say yes it is. Released in 2001 it still sounds as fresh today as the day it was released. Worthy of a place in any music listeners collection this has become a classic album. It has the big hit Last Nite which of course most people will have heard but there simple isn't a dull moment on this album. My only complaint is its not long enough coming in at just over 30 mins.
Cd was dispatched promptly and at a good price. I would use this company again.