Customer reviews

La Mer
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 25 December 2016
The transfer to disc was of very good quality, so much so that I wouldn't have known this had been done. Charles Trenet is at his best with the title "La Mer". Another wonderful song as us the familiar "Boum", in English "Boom! Why does my heart go boom." For all those liking French romantic songs of the past this is a great addition to your DVD collection..
on 16 February 2015
To be honest I bought this product simply for the track "La Mer", But the rest was pretty good, too. It was nice to hear a pre-war French crooner, something that most people in this country have forgotten.. But the icing on the cake was certainly "La Mer" as I was under the impression for years that it was sung by Maurice Chevalier!
on 18 September 2014
Have loved the title song for years, not knowing the name of the singer or it's writer. Having heard it in a recent movie, which gave the details of it being Charles Trenet, I was able to find it on Amazon and voila !! Truly conjures up the essence of France. Play this track over and over....
on 9 December 2010
I bought this album knowing nothing whatsoever about Charles Trenet, and not knowing much French either! My wife and I really like this album, and it doesn't matter whether you understand the language or not, the music is great!
Good cooking music!
13 people found this helpful
on 19 August 2013
All the classics from Trenet.....................you don't have to understand the lyrics to love the sound and feel of these recordings.Lovely as background music or to accompany an evening of French cuisine. Vive La France !
3 people found this helpful
on 2 May 2010
All the old classics are on this CD as original recordings. There's a lot more to Trénet than La Mer! He wrote and recorded poetic, quirky and whimsical songs that were often quite surreal but always highly entertaining.
12 people found this helpful
on 16 August 2013
Wonderful and so evocative. Brought back childhood memories as it was a favourite song of my parents. I like all the songs on the CD.
on 7 February 2015
This CD was purchased specifically to remind my wife of a school holiday spent in France many years ago, when she first heard Charles Trenet's 'La Mer'. The memories came flooding back for her. Personally I found the music very enjoyable, and firmly anchored in the realms of nostalgia.
on 6 December 2016
Great TV ad
on 25 November 2015
I love listening to Charles Trenet and this is a good collection of his songs.