Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 January 2015
Great album. If you are into Hawkwind it's excellent or if you are interested in listening to some of the groups music to get a feel for it, its awesome.
on 26 November 2013
Takes me back, still have this LP but no longer have a turntable to play it! CD has extra tracks Silver Machine not on original
on 30 January 2014
Just brilliant.....cant stop playing it and i`m nearly 70 !!...but got to have it really loud...so think I`m going deaf now !!!
on 7 July 2013
Everything about this record takes me back to seeing these guys at the Windsor Park free festival........they were great days.
on 9 July 2013
Play it loud and play it lots and consider going to see them live again . . . live long and prosper :)
It makes sense
on 3 January 2014
Well what can I Say, takes me back this one, The only album worth listening to by this Band. Ahead of their time!
on 2 January 2016
Excellent album , pure pleasure listening to the music of hawkwind , finest example of space rock I know of .
on 21 June 2013
A classic album from my distant past. The vinyl wore out long ago - it's been good to relive old memories.
on 27 July 2013
good use of electronic sounds and an outfit i would like to see performing live, reminds me of my youth
on 16 August 2005
In Search of Space is the mighty Hawks first proper album. The debut album I have never really liked, it didn't seem like they knew where they were heading but this one, well the sound is all there and the motors are running to blast them towards the classic live double Space Ritual a couple of years down the road.
As I say, it is all there, tribal drumming, simplistic & heavy guitar riffs, Nik Turner noodling away on sax and Dik Mik & Del abusing their osicillators. What it perhaps lacks is the driving rock & roll sensibility that Lemmy brought with him (bassist Dave Anderson was booted out after this album) but still has some great tracks, Master of the Universe & You Shouldn't Do That are stand outs but the mournful acoustic lament We Took The Wrong Step Years Ago is my favourite - I wonder if they ever did it live?