on 26 April 2016
As infectious and just plain raunchy as it was upon release, these hits have more than stood the test of time. The word genius is bandied about too often in contemporary music culture; a fact of which I am only too keenly reminded when hearing the diverse and breathtaking music of this sorely missed composer.
on 10 July 2017
There's a snooty position some people have towards greatest hits albums, especially for artists who've had careers as long, varied and as brilliant as Prince. I don't subscribe to this. This album is great as an introduction to Prince's most popular music, though not necessarily his 'best'. So, what is his best? Well, that's a discovery process for anyone who loves the artist's music, and the answer is, of course, wholly subjective on your experience. This applies to Prince more than most: given that his music was so varied and consistenly brilliant over a peak that lasted, without any obvious blip, for over 30 years. However, this is a great album to begin your personal discovery, or for the more casual listener who feels no great inclination to delve any further. It serves these two objectives vevry well. But if you grew up listening to Prince it's worth your while, and more fulfilling, to fill in the missing pieces in your collection of his original albums rather than pursuing the Atkins diet.

It's true that there's a far greater appreciation of his music when it's listened to within its place in an album as that's how, especially with Prince, it was envisaged. But this is a good entry point.
on 24 April 2016
Prince's early passing reminded me what a brilliant song writer and performer he was. This album is a great encapsulation of his greatest hits and a great reminder of my youth!
on 1 June 2016
When Prince died, and I heard all his wonderful music on the radio, I remembered how much it all meant to me. This album has the perfect selection of hits to sing along to, and dance to - just as Prince would have wanted it. These 17 songs are spread across a number of years and albums, 1999, Purple Rain, Sign O the times and others. There is no Lyric sheet - but some lovely photos.

Go on treat yourself and "Go Crazy' 'Get the Look' and remember these were a 'Sign O the Times'
on 9 January 2018
No I didn't buy it twice, it just asked me for two reviews. It's Prince. If you didn't like him you wouldn't be here. Also, buy his biography, its a fascinating read
on 29 April 2017
prince
another great singer,this album contains his most greatest hits1999...little red corvette,,when doves cry,,lets go crazy,,purple rain and more..a great addition to your music collection.RECOMMEND
on 7 May 2016
I bought this because although I had a few albums of Prince they were not on C.D. The item arrived on time in a jiffy bag. It is a good album with a lot of the hits on- 1999, Little Red Corvette, Kiss , When Doves Cry, Purple Rain, Sign Of The Times, etc. A true musical genius.
on 31 August 2016
If you love prince then this is the album you need. With top hits like Purple rain,Wanna be your lover,Kiss and 1999. I just love this album and wish I had purchased this before Prince had passed away.
on 27 October 2016
I ordered it because I liked some Prince songs, now after listening to this album, I like them ALL!
on 1 September 2016
what can you say about prince. he was the ultimate performer. I loved his style from the first time I saw him on a music channel and bought all his stuff. a tragic end to a great singer.