Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 May 2008
R Dean Taylor was a country music artist in Canada in the late 50s and his single of At the High School Dance has been included on one of the Early Canadian Rockers CDs.
By 1964 he cut a Beatles novelty called Ladybug stay away from that Beatle which Motown never released but its available on one of the Shabby Road series of Beatles Novelties Recording for Motown where he had a number of hit singles which reached a peak in 1972 with Indiana wants me only ended when its Rare Earth sub folded.
Theres a website where you can usually buy his new music
on 5 March 2015
R. Dean Taylor is a hugely underrated singer and songwriter. This Canadian was the first white man signed my Motown and he did his country proud -- Indiana Wants Me, Gotta See Jane ... classics that should be better recognised. Buy this album, that's my advice..
on 27 January 2013
After years of serching for this album in the days pre internet and cds when you had to trawl record shops for hours on rainy saturday afternoons i more or less gave up with my ears ringing to the tune of "who?". R Dean Taylor in my opinion is the most under rated of artists we have ever seen.No one knows who he is and yet his work is absolutely superb, being a ghost writer on tons of stuff apart from his own releases.Brilliant cd.I would recommend this to anyone.
VINE VOICEon 28 April 2009
Based on my memories of Gotta See Jane,Ghost In My House and Indiana Wants Me plus the glowing reviews here on Amazon, I thought I should investigate this 'best of' R Dean Taylor. After 1 sympathetic listen I think the tracks I already knew are still great, so 4 stars for Ghost and Indiana and 5 for Jane. 'Backstreet' is also worthy of 4 stars but the rest? Well, sadly, none of them did much for me; so-so covers and some unexciting originals. I'll give it a couple more spins for the sake of the great tracks I've singled out above and give an update if I change my opinion.
At the moment I'd say get it for the 4 good tracks and add them to your northern soul playlist because they are classics of that genre.
on 22 November 2004
I used to have Indiana Wants Me years ago and since those vinyl days have been searching unsuccessfully for a replacement. Now I have it. I remember all these classics including their original releases and they sound as good today as they did then which shows the quality of the production.
Sadly Mr Taylor is no longer with us, I believe for about 10 years now but his music will continue forever and shows just how good a song could be and still should be. Fantastic.
on 10 May 2014
SEVERAL OF THE TRACKS ON THIS ALBUM REMIND OF NEIL DIAMONDS EARLY 70S RECORDINGS IN TONE AND SENSIBILITY.ALTHOUGH THE STAR TRACKS ARE THE MOTOWN DANCERS THERES A GHOST IN MY HOUSE AND GOTTA SEE JANE.DONT EXPECT TRACKS TO THE STANDARD OF THOSE TWO HITS
on 23 February 2014
A reasonable CD that contains the expected hits which are still pop music classics! Some filler material that is not up to the same standard, to be expected on hits collections!
on 6 August 2014
Often underrated, un heard of artist, Great songs, Gotta see Jane, Indiana Wants Me, and Ghost In my House the best known. First white person to have success on Motown
on 25 December 2013
Very happy with this purchase. I really enjoy listening to this type of music.
Delivered in good time always buy my CD through Amazon.
on 13 December 2011
this is the one cd i ever wanted!! its just great takes me back to my youth, a great album well worth adding to anybody's collection!!!