on 21 August 2017
I'm 68.
Quite frankly there is something about these young whipersnappers that appeals to my inner whatever.
Not all their works are likeable. Sometimes just one on an album or just a few.
But I like the kick they give.
on 8 December 2016
Muse are really good at what they do which is to fuse extracts of classical / orchestral tunes together with rock music. I discovered Muse rather late and this was me catching up on a production from almost 10 years ago from the excellent 'New Born, Hyper Music, Plug in Baby, Micro Cuts.'
I could go on but if you're someone that appreciates different genres of music then this will be right up your street.
on 13 October 2017
Best Muse album in my opinion. Wonderfully made. The only album i've ever heard where every single track is memorable in its' own way.
New Born 9.5/10
Darkshines 8/10
Feeling Good 8.5/10
Megalomania 10/10
on 8 February 2017
A great album with some classic riffs from the Mozart-like genius that is Matt Bellamy who alongside Dom and Chris created a work of art that stands the test of time-every track is outstanding with particular praise for 'Citizen Erased' and the sublime 'Bliss'.Highly recommended for fans or those yet to discover this awesome trio from Devon let them work their magic upon you,you'll never be the same again either way.
on 21 January 2005
This is a musical masterpiece that will take your breath away!
I thought nothing could out do ABSOLUTION but this comes pretty damn close! New Born is a perfect & stunning example of this whole CD - whining pyschotic vocals, orchestral instruments mixed with the thumping beauty of heavy rock. THis is an emotional rollercoaster ride for the insane.
My favorite track is Bliss. This is as beautiful as Blackout was to Absolution only heavier. Plug In Baby & New Born are my other standout favourites.
This is an album you can play 24/7 & never tire of it.
If you like your music dramatic, soaring & operatic then this is a MUST BUY! I cant stress it enough. Just buy this & then thank me! Hahahaha
on 22 March 2017
Probably one of my favourite albums by muse and plug in baby has to be the best track in my opinion
on 12 September 2014
I must admit I listen to this album nowhere near as mush as my other Muse albums. To be honest I am only really giving four stars in comparison to their other work, so possibly a bit harsh even. I love Newborn and Bliss, I just find that apart from "Plug in Baby", the second half has a songs I am not keen on. I think this is where the comparisons to Radiohead came in. But still a great album.
on 31 January 2008
Are you a Muse Fan? If you're thinking of buying this album then you are either a Muse fanatic already, or you will be very soon, and if you haven't heard any of these songs already then I envy you - you are in for one crazy audio thrill-ride.
What's so great about this album is it's originality - it takes our usual idea of what rock music is and turns it on its head, electrocutes it, sticks it in a blender and then stuffs it down your throat, much to your masochistic glee. The music is dark, vicious and incredibly addictive, and by the time you've heard Bliss, with its ethereal arpeggios and super high voltage riffs, you will be hooked to the end. It's super badass.
Pretty much every song is unbelievable in its own right. Muse pull no stops when it comes to rocking out, and I recommend that you check out their live performances of these songs as well (they've won best live act at countless award ceremonies for a good reason). Plug In Baby is easily one of the greatest songs of all time. I remember seeing the video for it and I just couldn't belive it! It blew my mind. Citizen Erased, Newborn and Space Dementia are also fantastic. Muse even did a cover of Feeling Good by Nina Simone, and it's insane.
Its hard to believe that this is a three piece set (lead singer Matt Bellamy completely outdoes himself with amazing super high falsetto vocals, incredible guitar work and outstanding piano sections that seamlessly blend into every song). Chris Wolstenhome provides some of the craziest bass playing ever recorded, and Dominic Howard is sensational on drums. By the time you finish listening you will probably flick back to the start of Newborn and listen to it all over again, it really is that good.
Unmissable. You must buy this album!
on 24 December 2017
This is so good. Every track is so good. Highly recommended.
on 8 March 2013
I bought this on the back of a quiz programme that suggested that the track 'feeling good' was the best cover version ever. Not sure if this is true, very subjective, but I agree its an excellent version of a classic track. I enjoyed the rest of the album as well, a good buy, I am now hunting for a live album?Origin Of Symmetry [East West Version]