Customer reviews

Inside Out
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 July 2001
It is Trisha Yearwood's sheer vocal power which stands her head and shoulders above the rest of country music's leading female artists. While the tracks which featured on her last album didn't allow her to really express her unique vocal abilities, Inside Out most certainly does. There are a good number of big ballads on this album, which is where Trisha really excels. The single, I Would've loved you anyway, I don't paint myself into corners and Harmless heart all show off Trisha Yearwood's beautiful vocal range. However, for me the classic track is Melancholy Blue, a tale of struggling to come to terms with the death of a lover. For those who prefer more uptempo numbers, you will not be disappointed with tracks such as For a while and Seven Year Ache, which will soon have you singing along. A first class album from the first lady of contemporary country.
on 10 July 2001
It says a lot about an artist when you will go and buy their newest release without having heard a single track from it, which is how I got my hands on Trisha's latest.
Having bought all her previous albums, I knew that in terms of song quality and vocal performance I would not be disappointed, but this is definetly her best and most complete album in every area so far.
More upbeat (in tempo, not so much in lyrics) than her last release "Real Live Woman" there is a real mix of musical styles which I really enjoyed, though I suspect "true" country fans won't appreciate quite as much. It does however, give Trisha a real chance to show just how versatile and powerful that voice of hers is. It isn't perhaps as polished production as her last album, but that doesn't detract from the enjoyment you'll get from listening to it.
The Verdict? Trisha's best album to date. Hit "proceed to check out" above and wait by the letter box - you won't be disappointed!
on 1 September 2001
I bought this album without having heard any of the tracks as I simply knew I would not be disappointed by its content. I was right. This offering sits leaps and bounds ahead of the previous "Real Live Woman" album, with its catchy upbeat and raw country songs and power ballads accompanied by the sheer richness and polished quality of Trisha's superb voice. The stand out tracks for me are "I would've loved you anyway" and "Harmless heart", although the rest of the album is a joy to listen to. As stated above, this album will definately appear to those new to country. Buy it NOW!
on 16 April 2014
I have only recently come across this fantastic artist through reading a recent book. Some of the tracks are so heartfelt which include "I Would Love You Anyway" "Harmless Heart" and "Second Chance". Best bargain I ever got.
on 8 July 2001
I have been a fan of Trisha Yearwood's for 10 years, ever since she appeared regularly on CMT (when it was broadcast in the UK) and have seen her in concert (in Glasgow)on several occasions. I know just how tremendous an artist she is, but I was a bit disappointed by her last CD 'Real Live Woman'. Her new album 'Inside Out', however is definitely her best for sometime, containing a mixture of new sounds and arrangements and some really good songs. My own favouries at the moment are 'Harmless Heart', 'Melancholy Blue' and 'When We Were Still in Love' but there's not a substandard track on this CD. Her voice is as clear and beautiful as ever and I recommend this album as well worth a listen. I'm looking forward to her next one already!
on 22 June 2001
A wonderful collection of new songs. She always manages to reach out and touch country and western music lovers. Definietly a hit!
on 26 August 2016
this has become one of my favourite albums of all time, love the voice and choice of songs
on 18 February 2015
again I just love her voice well worth it
on 25 June 2001
This is on of Trisha's best albums, If you are a fan then I say go buy this straight away. If not, and maybe you are new to country music, then you well also like this one too. It not to bad on the ears (when I say this I am of course reffering to Twang music, Which so people don't like) Trisha' album has great duets with vince gill and Rosanna cash. Inside out is will worth it!!!
on 29 October 2008
Whilst this is not the best CD from Ms. Yearwood (Brooks) it is an excellent album. Trisha Yearwood must be the most underated artist in the world today, why her popularity seems to only be massive in the States is simply beyond me.
Alan Lowe.