Customer reviews

Price:£90.00+ £4.29 shipping

on 21 November 2017
Thanks good stuff
on 22 November 2017
Product is as described, arrived on time so no problems.
on 18 November 2017
BOTH EQUIPMENTS ARE SUBERB
on 14 March 2015
First time user of a DSLR but a fantastic lens which is producing great shots for my first time using the equipment. Got so much more to learn with it but I'm having lots of fun.
review imagereview imagereview image
on 9 June 2015
I think many newcomers to DSLR photography (like I was) will look at the price of this lens and think "Great! An inexpensive telephoto lens AND it's Canon, how bad can it be?". The answer is: pretty bad, unfortunately.
I have used it countless times, in all kinds of lighting conditons, with/without tripod, for different subjects, and still the same results. Even my better photos with it were still a bit "meh".
Don't get me wrong, I knew it wasn't going to be professional level equipment, nor a massive impressive zoom. I could live with having to move a bit closer to get the shot if the picture quality was good - but it wasn't. Lots of purple/green fringing around subjects, and a poor auto focus. I thought that the problem was me, that for some reason I just couldn't get my head around telephoto photography despite a year of struggling with it. I thought that if I couldn't get a decent shot at 300mm, there was no hope at 400mm or 500mm, should I choose to move on with my interest and invest in one of the big boys. However, after checking more recent reviews of it, I realised I wasn't the only one having problems, and the only thing to do would be to take the plunge and buy a different lens altogether.
In the end I saved and got a Sigma 150-500, so not comparable given the difference in focal length and the image stabilisation present in the Sigma (and obviously, the big price difference), I have to say I was shocked at the difference in image quality when set at the same focal length.
The 4 and 5 star reviews on here are a bit of a mystery, whether I got a dud one or not I don't know.
The only things I can think to recommend it on are the price and the weight (very light), and the fact that my persistence in trying to get a decent shot with this one made getting a shot with another lens feel like a breeze.
on 15 September 2017
My Canon EOS1100 D came with an 18-55mm lens as standard. I wanted a longer focal length lens and this 75-300mm lens fitted the bill. It's a reasonably priced lens which is ideal for people on a budget. It's switchable between AF and MF, (autofocus/manual focus), but it does NOT have the anti-shake system so you will need some sort of support when using the longer focal length. All in all a very good lens at a reasonable price, very good for amateur/hobby photographers.
on 24 July 2014
My one of these came as part of a bundle with a EOS 600D. I use this telephoto lens very often. I like to photograph birds and wild life and it gets me right in there. The resolution is excellent (I haven't measured it, but my pictures are overflowing with detail). I can photograph a sparrow-sized bird on my neighbours TV aerial at the top of their house and resolve details in the feathers of the bird. I can print poster-sized images of the results. The lens responds really quickly under autofocus, which is really necessary at high levels of zoom. I can zero in on a bird in flight, or a low-flying plane. It turns a complex situation such as photographing a kingfisher into point-and-click. And the price is an absolute bargain. I've found mine utterly reliable, and I give it some stick.
on 12 June 2017
if you don't require IS on your lens then you will quite satisfied with this unit, i got it for £90 then few hrs later it was £109 and newest lens drom canon is approx £400. just add a filter an its good to go
This lens is a good compromise for the amateur who needs to reduce the distance between subject and camera without breaking the bank to get such performance.

I use this with a Canon EOS 1100D DSLR. All of its functionality is perfectly integrated with the EOS camera body.

It yields images that are crisp, and is quiet and smoothly responsive when in autofocus mode.

You can pay a lot more for a lens with this focal length; unless you make your living as a photographer, this should deliver more than satisfactory performance for the casual picture-taker, the experienced hobbyist or the "prosumer" behind the viewfinder.

Select with confidence.
on 30 January 2014
I needed a telephoto lens for my Canon EOS 600D. I cannot afford those with IS but this works very well and I do not consider it heavy either off or on the camera.