Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 May 2006
Brilliant. Essential. More words would just be superfluous. I just wish that others were on it such as Hard Rain, Simple Twist of Fate.
on 16 April 2013
covers 40 years of Dylan on two albums and includes all the best loved well known tracks. provides a good intro to the uninitiated.
on 11 December 2012
As a child of the sixties I was blown away by Dylan and played his music constantly both on the record player and my guitar.
Somewhere along the way, mariage,children and work distracted me and I forgot about Dylan until a couple of years ago when I came across the film Wonder Boys. A great movie with a superb sountrack, including Dylans' "Things Have Changed". Now sixty plus this song really meant something to me and when the film finished out came my scratchy LP's of Mr Zimmerman. I now listen to Dylan again almost as much as I did 40 years ago. This two CD compilation, found by accident in a supermarket, is just perfect, spanning lord knows how many years of Bobs' ever changing moods and muses. I especially like CD two which has lots of full band tracks a million miles away from blowin' in the wind but still as gritty, revealing the thoughts of a man coming to terms with ageing. Don't let this put you off, it in not depressing. This is Dylan on top form doing what he always did by making us look at the world through his words and music. I love it. It's playing now as I write this review.
Now, where is my guitar? I've got the urge to join him in a duet.
on 1 July 2014
The title says it all... a great 2 disc compilation with an excellent selection of standout tracks from down the years
Ok so if you are a Dylan fan you will not need to read this because you know what you know.

I bought this purely for the song 'Times are a changing' and that fact that my last three Dylan albums were on 'tape' cassette. To the uninitiated, a 'tape' cassette was a small plastic box with a magnatised 'tape' inside it. After a while the 'tape' tended to get stretched and then get eaten by the machine that was supposed to play it. Sometimes it would snap and have to be repaired with sticky tape. Reproduction of sound on a tape was generally fair and accompanied by a hissing sound, which tended to give the sound character. Anyway I digress.

This album is a rediscovery for me, the songs in this collection are mostly of the good and the occasional great variety, though there are a couple of 'dud's. Well not dud's but songs that where never great or good. All in all a good album and in most cases Dylan at his best (except for when he has played live).

Now this album also comes in a plain plastic run of the mill plasticky cd case.
THIS one comes in a tin and is much better for it. Very tactile and very cool and worth the extra few pennies.
on 20 June 2013
good value for money A large amount of music for very little cost
Bob Dylan is a very good singer song writer
on 3 March 2014
Great CD if you are fan. Contains all his best tracks and was great value for money. Price couldn't be matched.
on 16 December 2013
if you like folk, and especially bob dylan , you will love this , they are all on here , hit after hit.
on 30 December 2014
At last I've managed to replace my original copy. Thanks for prompt delivery and great value.
on 4 May 2008
In the beginning the way into Dylan was via Peter Paul & Mary,the Turtles,the Byrds and Johnny Cash.
And commercially electric Dylan was just right.
This CD is just a sampler and introduction to the Art of Dylan.If you want more you get the original albums on CD.All but one have been on catalog since CDs began.
My favorite Dylan song is Can you please crawl out your window.
Thus this double CD would only be of interest if there was a booklet with it and its by no means the only one of its kind as the most recent-titled DYLAN and in 3 different editions -comes with a picture book.
Today's Dylan collector needs plenty of money and plenty of room