Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 17 January 2016
Received item very quickly. I live in the United States and I'm very impress with the UK Royal Post delivery. Always love this movie and we in the US do not have this movie in a blu ray format. I'm glad that it was a region free version of the film. I would recommend friends to use the Amamazon.co.uk website.
on 15 August 2013
I concur with the previous reviewer: this is a very poor Blu-ray transfer. From the looks of it, the studio just re-used an old DVD master, slapped a lot of Edge Enhancement - and I mean a lot - on it, and done was the Blu-ray. As always with EE, the picture looks very artificial and processed. This movie would have deserved so much better.
on 25 October 2003
Hilarious. Love the black comedy. Couldn't stop watching it. It's a must see!
on 9 April 2015
Love this film and had not seen in in years so was thrilled when I found it online. Bought it on blu-ray and, after seeing what other reviewers had written about the transfer quality, I wasn't expecting it to be great. To be fair the picture quality is not that bad, most definitely watchable. We have to keep in mind that these films were not made to high definition quality that we are used to now.

The film is brilliant though, one to watch if you like humour with a darker edge.
on 28 March 2015
AMAZING MOVIE!! AMAZING PICTURE (i know some reviewers disagree here but i was genuinely impressed taking into consideration the age of this film.
HOWEVER, what is NOT amazing, is that there NO EXTRAS WHATSOEVER!!!
This was a real disappointment because I assumed it included the audio commentary done by John Waters and Kathleen Turner, which features on the collector's edition DVD of this film... sad, sad, sad!
on 10 February 2016
I saw this on TV many years ago and was glad when it was released on DVD. Kathleen Turner had a whale of a time in the lead role and her performance was pitch perfect. Given the serial murders, it's not for the faint-hearted, but it is surprisingly entertaining on a number of levels. Highly recommended.
on 19 August 2008
This is terrific dark comedy. The script and the situation are wonderful. There are great cameos and some incredibly funny situations. Kathleen Turner gives a fantastic performance and had me in tucks of laughter.

This is an outstanding movie, buy it!
on 2 November 2012
SO much better than the UK release!!!! This is widescreen and looks as good as Bluray. The UK dvd is 4x3 aspect ratio and bad definition. Buy a multiregion dvd player and get this! A wonderful, wonderful film! Very under-rated in my view. Just love it.
on 27 June 2014
You have to love this gem.
Kathleen Turner is amazing and so very funny in this underrated film.
It's a little blood thirsty in parts, however I think you laugh as you can identify slightly with her character when people get on her nerves !
on 13 April 2014
all I can say is love this movie, a great black comedy.

I expected the picture not to be that great since its not a MAJOR movie so I did not expect them to spend much money cleaning it up for Blu-ray but it looks very good indeed...bargain