Format: Vinyl|Change

on 28 June 2001
Easily the best of Missy's three studio albums, on 'Miss E...', Missy and arch-producer Timbaland have wisely decided to leave behind the dragging, atmospheric strings of 'Da Real World', and made an album that is as bouncy and exciting as Missy's amazing debut. Tracks like 'Dog in Heat' and 'Old School Joint' revel in the Disco synth and pure relentless funk prevails on most of the albums tracks. Although Get UR Freak On has been played to death, Lick Shots (featured in the video for Get UR Freak On) is a superb track with outrageously cool beats and an agressive, malicious tone to match. Missy's best rap to date can be found on the Shakerbox sounds of 'Scream'. But, if there was any doubt of her skills, they are all put to rest on 'One Minute Man', which sounds like Erykah Badu doing TLC to a jerky beat worthy of a hip-pop Prince. In a word - Amazing. And entirely addcitive.
on 29 May 2001
If you're thinking about buying miss E...so addictive stop thinking & just buy it! This cd is heavy. Each track is different & like nothing I'd heard before & that is why I love it. I'm not dissin' Missy's last album da real world because it is a good cd but lets face it half the tracks did sound kinda' similar but on miss E...so addictive each beat is fresh & each lyric is fresh. I also found that I liked every single track too, it wasn't like normal where after a few listens you find one or two you like... hell no! My faves have to be without doubt no# 9 4 my people(feat. eve) purely for the bass & no# 3 one minute man (feat. ludacris) because let's face it there are so many around ! Anyway don't just take my word for it stop reading this & buy it yourself.
on 26 October 2002
This is the first DVD-Audio disc I have bought and I am impressed. The Advanced Resolution surround sound really puts you in the midst of the action with voices and intrumentals whizzing around your head on tracks like One Minute Man and Old School Joint. Lets not forget the fact that the songs themselves pretty good - e.g Get ur Freak On, Dog in Heat & 4 my People - which makes a this great buy.
I would recommend this to anyone who was considering converting to the DVD-Audio format - as long as they don't mind it being the clean version.
on 11 June 2001
In my opinion this CD is ahead of it's time! With a mixture of techno/one beats it gives the whole CD an original feel. It is unlike the heavy/bitchy album Da Real World, but it is equally as good. Again star appearences give the album the contrast that makes it so addictive. Get Your Freak On you would have already heard, but the next single I believe is One Minute Man ft Ludacris (who's new song I Wanna Lick Ya should challenge it in the charts) which is excellent, with that same hard beat making you bop your head without knowing it, on this track and indeed the whole album Missy sings more! Strange I know but it was apparently on request!! It still sounds good though! This track is also remixed by Jay Z on the album. Track 6 is my personal favorite, Scream, again it's the beats and rhymes that make it stand out. Track 7, Old School Joint has a retro feel that I think I might be too young to appriciate!! Other star apperences come from Methodman, Redman, Ginuwine (remember him?), Eve, Busta Rymes, Da Brat (of course!!), Jade and Lil' Mo! This is probably her best yet so if your a fan don't miss out and if your not a fan; what are you playin' at?
on 19 April 2002
Missy Elliot returns with this excellent album with a huge amount of celebrity friends making appearances, such as redman, method man, ludacris, eve, busta rhymes, da brat, lil' mo, jay-z and, of course, timbaland (who has as distinctive a voice as Missy Misdemeanor). As Missy moves from her "so addictive" intro to "dog in heat" and yells "give us that funk!", the listener is immediately forced to start moving to the beat. Some classic songs that I challenge anyone to find fault with, like "lick shots", "get ur freak on", "4 my people" and "whatcha goin' do". The two versions of "one minute man" are hugely entertaining in ludacris and jay-z contrasting opinions. I have had this album for several weeks now and although I have been buying other albums, I find myself coming back to this one. However, like with most albums, there are some songs that you automatically skip. I listen from track 1 to 5, mover to 9 to 11 and forward to 16 and 17. The rest are songs that are forgetable and NOT addictive. However, you can't help forgive Missy as the rest of the tracks are super. Also, the bus-a-bus interlude with busta rhymes is hysterical.
This album, as the title suggests, is so addictive. Buy it, and buy it quickly and get ready to get ur freak on.
on 14 May 2001
Missy's best ever album has to be this.
the album starts off with a funky beat "dog in heat" song with club appeal, this song is a headbanger. then the very well produced track "one minute man" should get you moving, because if that does not nothing will? she revisits the 80's with a sure firehit for all children of that music era, in the song "old school joint" it's sounds good enough to bring back the 80's sound altogether. the song that really touched me was "take away" featuring Ginuwine. I am mostly into heavy hip-hop, but "take away" is a slow song on another level, the Bassy beat and Missy's vocals are so beautiful enough to make me love RnB again. Whereas in the past Missy has tended to experiment herself into a hole (,release the two best songs,make you buy the album and make you wish you had never because the content is sloppy) this time she is more consistent with her beats and every song will hit you in a different way, which means you'll definately want to keep this album. so if you dont have it, you are as crazy as hannibal lector. ( and you don't want to be)
on 15 January 2015
I Would not normally get this type of music but i got it very cheep on Amazon on line and the sound 5.1 on D.V.D. Audio is very good a very good sounding dance album and excellent demo disc for audio if you can not play the M.L.P. Audio there is a 5.1 Dolby digital Well worth the money
on 14 May 2001
Miss E has done it again. Calling upon an array of guests and bringing her sweet, responsive gospel voice to the helm among her jaggedy yet smoothly delivered raps much alike her coup de la grace, 'Da Real World'.
Except, this is more among the lines of 'Supa Dupa Fly', her groundbreaking debut. And, yeah, y'all know 'Get Ur Freak On' is the standout. But there's plenty here to please anyone ready for another Missy & Timothy 'Timbaland' Mosley journey.
From the start, Timbaland's production is less handled this time, making room for house and gospel influenced beats and Missy's voice to shine. But he comes through, proving himself, that apart from Dr Dre and possibly Flex, the best rap producer on the planet.
'One Minute Man' is selected to be the next single, and much alike 'Get Ur Freak On', it takes a couple of listens before boring into your brain and staying for eternity. ^_^
Well, I can't write enough write now, but there shall be two more parts coming. Cya. BUY IT!
on 23 December 2002
I bought Missys most recent album before "...so addictive" and I have to say this is alot better!No dis to missy though!Her vocals are amazing and so unique!
The music the vocals,the rap,everything runs together so smoothly.Id say that the best song off the album is...no I can't choose!
With amazing appearances from famous singers and rappers such as Eve,Da Brat,Ludacris,Redman,Jay-Z,Busta Rhymes,Method Man and Timbaland there's a track for everyone.
TIP:Listen to every track thoroughly.Miss E IS so addictive and so is her album!
on 3 July 2001
very scary album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when I first bought this album I was surprised, .my room was dancing on the great scary dancy tunes... this one is the greatest missy elliot ever album .. I loved {I want you back} and most of the tracks in this album are the same tune to it and to the scary one {get ur freak on} but every song has a different sound .. those tracks are : dog in heat .. one minute man,{next single probably}... scream, ...lick shots,... my people{greatest song}{,.. slapt, slapt, wahtcha gonna do, and get ur freak on.. also therer'es is 5 slow r&b songs which 3 of them are nice ,and the 2 other are rubbish this album also contains 2 inturludes .. so addictive .. bus-a bus when you buy this album you'll be surprised .. believe me .. missy elliot isn't just another rap singer !!!!! best for u missy!!