Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 September 2014
A wonderful compilation. I notice there are a few - inevitable - 'knockers', with their, "these are not the original recordings, blah, blah, blah." They are of course correct, however the juxtaposition of these recordings and the originals is too fine for my (I might add, not uneducated ears!) hearing. You would have to be a pedant, with the acoustical hearing of a bat, to make the claim one could tell the difference, and be 100% confident.
Go on . . . . buy and enjoy. It's an excellent compilation - at a great price.
P.S. I usually stick to the originals, because of the so obvious shallow quality - but not here. So?
33 Comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 May 2017
Great easy listening album.
on 15 May 2017
Love the whole album
on 23 May 2017
The film soundtrack's some of them I not heard in years, brill, it a must buy.
on 11 July 2017
ok
on 3 October 2011
i know john barry did alot of theme tunes but to see what he did compose is fantastic only after his death i found he come from my home town great tunes james bond,bornfree etc something for everyone
on 31 December 2014
love it
on 6 October 2013
I'm a little disappointed. I love the John Barry film music, and I have for many years. This collection is very good, but I was under the misapprehension that these were 'as we heard in the movies' tracks, not specially recorded 'reminders'. I guess I have been so seduced by the actual film themes that these tracks seem to lack that John Barry 'punch' that all the sound tracks have. I don't know if I mis-read the details, but it's not the collection I wanted.
on 3 January 2008
This was never intended to replace the actual movie soundtracks for which John Barry wrote the music. On the other hand, by creating an orchestrial arrangement, the CDs emphasise the extraordinarily high quality of the melodies Barry has written over the eyears, and are superb pieces of music in their own right. A truly remarkable and very large music collection.
on 20 November 2003
They are all here, by that I mean all of JB`s best, but there is a hitch, they are not performed by the maestro himself.
This is a bit of a rip off if you ask me, but having said that, Nic Raine manages the covers well and it has to be said are fairly true to the originals, it`s just that Barry's "magic" is missing, and it's noticable.
77 Comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse