Price:£5.24+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon 8 June 2005
This game rocks! It's a simple card game, with simple instructions (once you pick it up) and both cruel and hilarious. It's cheap and cheerful and worth every penny.
You have seven cards each - your objective is to match the card on the table - swapping the colour along the way - the first person to get down to one card needs to shout Uno to win, however once you rid yourself of all your cards the game is over. To make it harder, you can also play action cards to stop the next player if they're winning (or if you just want to lose a few cards). You can make players lose a turn, make the players play anticlockwise (or clockwise), or make the next player pick up more cards. You can also change the card colour.
This game is a right laugh to play - you need more than two players for it to become a real challenge, although two players does work fine. The instructions are a bit hard to understand so if you don't get it, make up your own rules (it's physically impossible to get to 500 points - especially with two players so we don't bother). You don't need to play by colour either, you can play by number or symbol (as seen on the action cards) as long as this rids you of cards, do what you need to do and you'll soon win! The set of cards are a little large too - over a hundred - so you'll need to split the pack to shuffle it properly.
Uno is a game that anyone of any age can play - however it requires a few practice games! But it's extremely fun and competitive so expect shouting and calls of "Uno!" from the living room. It also teaches children about numbers and colours - another bonus! I am definitely taking this on day trips and on holiday and introducing my mates to the wonder that is...
UNO!
PS - It's only a fiver, so it's not like it's costly. Go on, you know you wanna...
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 June 2012
I have bought several of these Uno games and always have a pack in the car in case we meet up with someone and want to play it. It is one of those games that is REALLY addictive. It is suitable for anyone old enough to identify 4 colours and the numbers 0-9! So it is a great family game where everyone can play on equal terms so very enjoyable for children to be able to join in! One of our friends told us about it about 18 months ago. Since then we have introduced it to quite a few of our friends who have also bought it. Included in the pack are a deck of cards. They either have a number in one of four colours or one of several symbols in one of 4 colours. The object of the game is to get rid of all of your cards by placing them down with one that matches either in number or colour, the card laid down be the previous player. But there is also a sting in the tail! One of the symbols reverses the direction from clockwise to anti-clockwise or vise versa. Another will only allow you to place an exact duplicate or you have to pick up 4 cards. Another you may have to pick up 2 cards, or miss a go, or change the colour. And don't forget to say "UNO" when you place down your last card or you will be penalized by having to pick up more cards. It is one of those games that keeps you amused for hours. And if someone plays you a rotten card, they had better watch out as you will be seeking out revenge on them Lol! Great game, good clean fun for all the family and well worth 5 stars.
on 21 April 2012
I love playing Uno and these cards will do the job but if I was buying again I would spend slightly more on the larger, better quality cards that I have seen before. These were shipped from the Far East and the instructions have not been translated well.
on 4 May 2013
This item is awful. The printing on the cards is dreadful! Much of it is missing. The instructions are poorly copied, with many spelling and grammatical errors. It is obviously counterfeit!
on 5 February 2011
Uno is a fantastic card game for all the family.I originally bought it for my 5 year old grandson but now the adults play it as well.Its better played by 4 or more but still enjoyable with 2.
I would highly recommend.
on 18 July 2011
Great value for money.... we will never tire of playing this game
In our family our children play it, we(the parents)play and grandparents too! we first discovered it on holiday and it quickly became the evening game! based on the card game "sevens" the idea is to get rid of all your cards the first to do this is the winner .....there are some devious cards too and the play direction can change so just when you think your winning it all falls apart......we really like the way all ages can play, our youngest was 5 when she first managed to hold the cards and work out what to do with a bit of help! and the grandparents well they can enjoy it too we all get quite noisy and competitive ....Buy it you wont be disappointed!!
on 10 February 2014
This UNO doesn't look original.. the colours in the card and everything else look fake but still looks of fun and playable.. but a bit disappointed that Amazon sells products like this.
on 12 September 2006
This is for kids of all ages. I've played it with a group of friends at a youth hostel, and it was great fun.

Warning - do not play in areas where noise will bother others - the yells of 'Uno', or people pointing out the transgressions (and therefore penalty card pick-ups) of others cannot be done quietly.Buy it!
on 19 April 2012
The game UNO is great to play with kids of any age but don't buy these cheap ones. They are barely better than playing with paper sheets, they are that thin. The printing is terrible too. I have got my money back. If the company selling them are not aware that they have bought a very bad cheap batch they do now and have no excuse but to with draw them from sale and purchase them from Mattel!!!!!
on 14 June 2011
I can remember playing Uno with several set of normal playing cards when I was younger. When I discovered it had been made child friendly with easier cards to read and see I jumped at the chance of introducing my daughter to the game. She loves it and it is educational too!