Customer reviews

Wah - Do - Dem
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2009
Eek-A-Mouse - "Wa Do DEM"
Bought this in 1982, loved it, lost it, but re-purchased it recently due to a re-ignition of my interest in reggae. This was his 2nd album, and as far as i can remember, by far his finest. This is an essential record for those developing a taste for reggae (and don't know where to begin), as it is stone cold class from end to end. His original/unique style makes for some directly emotional performances, backed up rock solid dubwise. This edition contains a few extra tracks of comparitive standard. If at all possible to select the best songs, I would recommend the title track, the mighty "Ganja Smuggling" and "Lonesome Journey". Start here, and if you like this medium (toasting, dj/singjay style), explore some Big Youth, Lone Ranger, U-Roy, Dr Alimantado and Yellowman and see where it takes you.
on 30 November 2009
When I first saw and heard this long streak toasting "Wa-Do-Dem" and "Ganja Smuggling" in the early 80s, I think I remember being pretty-much literally knocked off my feet (Could have been the Red Stripe, I suppose) and went straight out and bought this album.
It's great to own it again and to once again listen to that twanging kalimba voice. Talk about unique!
on 1 July 2009
Me and some friends played this album almost every day back in 1982/83. I had all my reggae collection on vinyl nicked a few years ago and have bought the odd piece to replenish the collection on CD. This however, is a true gem, I listen to Ganja Smugglin' and I'm back in 1982 with those mates. Fantastic album.
on 29 July 2001
With Greensleeves Records celebrating 25 years it seems fitting to release their best work at a great price. I bought 'Gregory Isaacs - Red Roses for Gregory', 'Augustus Pablo - Original Rockers' and this and it is my pick of the three. With Eeks great DJing and funny lyrics (especially Track 7 'Georgie Porgie'!) this makes for great listening. If, like me you want to buy some Dub CDs but don't know where to start then you can't go far wrong with buying a selection of 'Greensleeves Reggae Classics' and enjoying them.
on 19 April 2013
Eek-A-Mouse I first heard when I found a tape of Assasinator in a bargain bin. The cover was naff but the name intrigued. It was on the Jayrem reggae series, so I thought it would be worth the fifty cents (NZ) paid for it. It was and like all good things found on spec, it is hard to find a copy on CD. So I bought Wah-Do-Dem. Which despite the Mouse's distinct vocalisation is a pedestrian reggae album. Nothing rises above the title track, which also appears on a number of compilations. Oh well, better find a way to transcribe my "assasinator" tape onto disc...
on 4 May 2009
this album is superb!its not bob marley so perhaps not suitable for the generic reggae crowd but anyone looking for "proper" reggae this is just the job
on 23 February 2014
Classic album from 80s dancehall. It's a must for anyone's reggae collection. I would be happy to buy from these guys again and am very pleased thank you x
on 3 October 2013
Some of the best of this unique artist, dj, singer, singjay.
His best album release that I have heard: very good ridding and production
on 18 April 2014
I like a couple of songs on this but if it wasn't for those couple then I would consider selling it or getting a refund
on 23 January 2016
great CD from a great artist. perfect.