Customer reviews

The Very Best Of George McCrae
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 June 2018
George McCrae’s second album, from 1975, following his huge hit with “Rock Your Baby” the previous year again featured the musicians from KC & The Sunshine Band backing him. A great sound they make too, as always. Most of it is written by KC’s Casey and Finch and it was released on the JayBoy label.

For those who criticise the sound on this remastered album - you are way off line. The sound, in my opinion is excellent, as it is on all these BBR remasters (Billy Paul, Harold Melvin, Three Degrees, KC & The Sunshine Band amongst others). Just listen to the bass and funky wah-wah guitar on the opener, “Baby Baby Sweet Baby” and the clavinet and bass on “You Treat Me Good”. Or that beautiful bass intro to “Honey (I’ll Live My Life For You)”. Not convinced? Oh dear. Secondly, someone has suggested these are re-recorded versions. That is simply not true. These BBR editions are all the original albums.

Also on here is George’s last big hit, the Northern Soul-ish horn-driven “It’s Been So Long”. Love that one. Always have done. Those first horn notes just take me right back to 1975. George’s voice at the end makes me all emotional.

“I Ain’t Lying” sounds just like KC, not surprisingly really, it is another Casey/Finch song. If you like KC, you will love all this album.

All in all, this is an enjoyable half an hour of typical 70s soul/upbeat funk.
on 10 September 2015
I am now listening to this one and it is the follow up album to Rock your baby and it is also a good disco LP I bought this out of our long gone branch of Gough and Davey in 1975 I have this and the previous album on LP`S and the longest song is baby baby sweet baby a long 6:20 minutes of stomping beat music and a good instrumental solo the backing music is KC and the sunshine band and written by H.W Casey and Richard Finch this album was released in 1975 I first heard it`s been so long and bought the single from Woolworths it was at number 4 in the charts at the time! Glad I saw this on Amazon I have always wanted these two Albums on a CD! many thanks amazon!
on 15 September 2016
Beware! The hits on this CD are re-recordings! I hoped to hear original versions... A bit disappointing!

Tracklist:
Shelter Of Your Love
Keep A Light On For Me
Driftin Back
If It Wasn't For You
One Step Closer (To Love)
Now That I Have You
Great Music
on 21 May 2018
very good
on 26 October 2016
Excellent quality new product thank you
on 21 August 2016
Great sounds from the past
on 6 April 2015
Dissappointted
on 11 May 2012
After seeing George Mccrae on the TV I knew I had to buy one of his CDs. He has a lovely voice & his songs are great.
on 30 August 2013
Classy pop/soul. There's more to to this guy than just Rock Your Baby. Well worth getting if you like your soul on the smooth side.