on 8 June 2010
I've always been a huge fan of bottom. Although we all enjoy subtlety and intellectual wit from time to time, it's nice to have something that's so blatant with it's humour, you can sit back relax, and still laugh at all the jokes predictable or not. Though the fact it's predicatable may be because of the huge number of times I've watched the contents of these disks over the last years..

The only think I would change to this box set would be the extras content, of which there is almost nothing. Certainly the guest house paridiso has typical movie extras, but the lives have nothing, or some photos on a couple of the disks. Would be nice to see a behind the set on the lives.

Apart from this, brilliant. Just brilliant.
on 8 December 2016
one of the best stand up comedy of all time and amazing and beautiful
on 2 March 2017
If you're buying this, you already know what a great product it is!
on 29 May 2017
Very good
on 29 June 2017
Comedy gold
on 25 April 2015
Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson, enough said...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 November 2015
The first stage show takes a remarkably faithful reproduction of the TV set on tour, here recorded in Southampton. The outrageous and bad language dial have been turned up to 11 in a superb story about an inheritance, a postal delivery and the mundanity of everyday life that so typified the TV series with beautifully observed vignettes , especially when trying to rustle up breakfast in a house with no food... Over 100 minutes the plot doesn't drag, and there are plenty of laugh out loud moments, especially when Richard Richard introduces his new girlfriend... Lots of the elements that made the TV series a cult classic are present and correct, and arguably even funnier with the shackles off. Towards the end there's a great insight into Ade and Rik's working relationship with some furious ad libbing brought about by Edmundson 'showing off'. A very funny stage show that has transferred well to DVD.
on 18 April 2007
I first saw Bottom years ago on a kids channel. Needless to say it was edited. A few months ago I got the Bottom box set for Valentine's Day. Yes, I asked for it. After seeing some of the outtakes of the live shows online I HAD to buy them. I live in Canada and luckily I have a region free dvd player so I could watch it.

I've never laughed so hard in my life. I've been a fan of Edmonson and Mayall for years and this just cemented my love for both of them. I can't believe how brilliant they are to be able to carry half a live show with nothing more than a metal dome as the background! It boggles my mind. Richie's double entendres are hilarious and I crack up every time Eddie wobbles his head around looking shocked. The movie Guest House Paradiso was little hit and miss but it was great to see Simon Pegg in there.

Oooh, er!
22 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 September 2001
Although I am only a lowly American and could not fully appreciate the intense comedy as a result of that handicap, I still found this to be the funniest live performance I have ever seen. Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmonson are impeccable in their comic timing, and are masters of improvisation. A must see!!!!
on 3 April 2001
Of the trilogy of Bottom stage shows, this first show ranks as the best. Much ruder than the BBC version (and much funnier too), this story involves an "inheritance", a blow-up doll, and an electric lavatory! I have seen this stage show live before, and, like the audience, I was reduced to uncontrolable laughter. Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson are at their best not only in their character roles, but also when they sidetrack from the story and hurl insults and gags to each other and to the audience whenever something goes wrong! This is an absolutely brilliant comedy show that fully deserves this DVD release.