on 22 March 2001
I bought this game with the Sims and I never realised that I had actually got one of the best games ever. Firstly, the 4 extra neighbourhoods are a real bonus - all I've been doing is using the Sims Teleporting webpage to download some real wacky, interesting families and homes. Whats made it even more interesting is the number of different objects (furniture, doors, windows, appliances, etc) that have been added. Every Sim home has its own unique touch now - with so many options to choose from. I love the furniture sets you can get from people's websites - just so real. I would definitely recommend anyone to get this - if you adore Sims, you'll wont be able to live without this one! I cant tear myself away from the screen. The robot (who cleans the house) is a great device. The castle-like walls, etc are very dramatic indeed. Make sure you get this - as its a limited addition. Otherwise you'll be missing out!
on 27 January 2002
Im suprised I even managed to come off it to write this, it has absoloutely amazing graphix, the charactors differences are endless and what can I say about the little add ons to make it more funny, the Grim Reaper, the robber, the sad yet annoying clown, the maid, gardener, policewoman, fireman, pizza man, social worker the sims has it all, couples can even have a baby! I also thought Maxis had very entertaining choice of jobs to choose from when you're a sim. You can lose track of all time when playing this game, but I do recommend you get livin' it up as well because of the great changes it makes to the game. Brilliant, 5 stars, fabulous, recommended to anyone who wants to have really good fun.
on 21 December 2016
Was a lot of fun when this first came out, unfortunately quite dated when compared to the current offerings. I always used to enjoy the designing and building more than the actual playing of the game, spending hour after hour creating the perfect home, then losing interest in the actual game and starting all over again!

Here we have the original game and one of the first expansion packs, altogether in a 'Collector's edition' - great if you feel like being nostalgic I suppose - though considering the age of it, you may struggle to get it working on today's modern PCs!

Basic premise is to build a house for your Sim family, look after them, get them to do tasks, earn money and buy them more stuff - repeat. Eventually you'll probably get bored, send them swimming and take away the steps to the pool...
on 24 January 2002
I bought this for my grandchildren, but, ended up playing it myself! I found it quite challenging initially and spent many hours developing my virtual characters and building them a home.
However, I found the amount of time taken using the bathroom, and to a lesser extent, cooking and eating rather tedious and not remotely equivalent to the time we spend in reality. However, my grandchildren haven't tired of it yet, and we have owned it since it was released, so, for that, it is a winner.
Will I bother to buy further expansion packs? I think that depends on the pressure the grandchildren put me under. For my part, The Sims were fun for a while, but, I am pretty tired of their hours on the toilet and would only consider expanding for my own use if something revolutionary were added.
on 4 March 2002
The Sim's is one of the most biggest titles around. If you like stratergy games then this is the game for you.
The graphics are great the sounds are super and the characters are hilarius.
At the start of the game it asks you if you want to join a family or create one. This gives you the option to see how many people you have, what they are like example;tidy,nice or outgoing.
You get to customize your house size and what goes into it like pinball machines and jaccuzis.This game gets five stars because it is the ultimate game.
on 11 November 2001
I think this game is brilliant. It is funny and it is very versatile as you can do everything such as start from scratch in making your house and add all of the extras into it such as sofas, tv's, computers and if you get the expansion packs then you can add loads of fun things such as disco lights and dance floors! Barbecues, swimming pools, telelvisions, fireplaces, cookers, pool tables, computers and loads more. BUY IT TO FIND OUT! I recommend it!
I played this game for hours. You can design everything down to the smallest detail including the people and there house. But don't forget this is just like real life so you will be working to a budget, and you will have to pay the bills for al of the electricity you use. (NOTE: your sims will quite happily turn on the stereo and T.V.and watch it but they wil not necesarily turn it off.) You don't have to look after your sims constantly if you don't want to. You can just set them up with a house and basic needs, and a job and sit back and watch there progress. A must for anyone wanting a realistic sim.
on 6 November 2001
The Sims entered our house and everyone is addicted. We have no social life, sex life - only playtime. On the computer. This game is very, very addictive. Fun and intersting too. You have been warned...
on 16 September 2001
The game is a work of genius and gives you the chance to play God. It's easy to get hooked with designing and building new objects and skins using specialist tools as well, and watching your Sims use them. You are given 20,000 Simoleans to start with, and this gives you just enough to complete a basic house. Then, watch your sims climb up the career ladder and get promotions, and gradually a new life is made (in the lap of luxury, of course. Buy this game, it is really cool and I loved it. If you love this too, it is a good idea to invest in the expansion packs "The Sims : House Party" and "The Sims : Hot Date".
on 11 June 2001
I've been wanting this game for so long now and it was the first thing I bought when I moved back to my parents (who have a PC). I have no life of my own anymore. I spend all of my spare time playing with this game. Is that a good thing???? The Sims is a way of life!!

See one answered question