on 20 March 2017
great movie that i wish they would reproduce in a blu ray.

jovial, witty and always positive, possibly a very overlooked but thoroughly entertaining movie for all the family.

if you havent seen it, highly recommend.
on 12 December 2016
My Son is in his 20s and this is one of his favourite DVD's.
on 27 February 2013
This was one of my favourite childhood films for the catchy songs and beautiful aesthetics and when i rediscovered it as an adult i am pleased to say that it is just as enjoyable to watch. The characters have a great humour, unlike most animations the actors did their recordings together and you can really tell by the way they bounce off eachother. Some of the sarcastic one-liners made me think that the film was maybe more aimed at the adults than the children watching because it is always so on point and on top of that the songs are catchy and the storyline is great. I always put it on when babysitting and i think i enjoy it even more than the kids, highly recommend and hugely underrated for such an amazing film!
on 9 June 2017
Bought for a 9 year old boys sleepover, I'd never heard of the film and none of the boys had seen it but they all loved it, good adventure even though rating v suitable for all children-phew
on 26 April 2012
This film is underated I thought it eas very, chrming, funny and sweet.

it tells a story of two men who set out to con a village , but they end up

helping these people

, in a way that they learn allot about each other as people.

a good story with a bit about history, and a moral lesson.

good film great value for money.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 December 2007
I am so glad to find that other people love this as much as I do. Was buying it for my 3 year old godson because my boys (and I) loved it so much and reading these reviews brought back memories of my sons dancing round the living room and making me replay the songs over and over again, and of me spluttering tea with laughter at some of the jokes. I loved all the Hope and Crosby Road to ... films and wished that Branagh and Kline would do some more animation versions or remake them as they had a great chemistry. In my view an absolute classic family film.
on 11 January 2018
Excellent
on 24 September 2013
Kids and adults will enjoy this film!
Join two friends on their quest to find the lost city of El Dorado.
Miguel and Tulio are tired of being poor and go on a search for wealth and power. They find what they are looking for but the power goes to their heads. With danger just round the corner, the friends must choose between their new life and doing the right thing.
on 24 June 2015
This is such an under-rated film and by far one of the most well written animations I can think of! From the story, the characters and the sense of humour, it's great for all ages and fun to watch even after 5 watches! It will forever stay on my DVD shelf and is a definite favourite of mine.
on 19 September 2014
I had never heard of this film and just bought it on the off-chance for my children as it was cheap. it is actually delightful. They loved it and so did I. I just don't understand why this lovely film is almost unknown.