Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 January 2011
This is a splendid violin concerto by an under-rated composer. It is melodious and thrilling to hear. Rubinstein has his own voice and his own way of introducing surprises. The slow movement is especially novel.
I happened to being playing this concerto when a professional musician called - she was hugely impressed. The Cui work is a happy piece of fun.
The performances are excellent and at such a low price the disc is well worth investigating.
on 12 May 2015
Well, what a find this CD proved to be! The Rubenstein is a great piece, but the surprise for me is the Cui. What a delight, and the whole lot is just so well played both by soloist and orchestra. I love it when I come across new music which I've never heard before yet it stops me in my tracks! A real joy to listen to.
on 23 April 2016