Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 March 2017
content did not meet expectation,
on 30 June 2017
Great cd.
on 18 March 2001
This is one heck of a compilation and shows the amount of work Ricky Martin has done, not only recently but before in the very beginning of his career. He started off singing in his native tongue and evolved and developed his music so that he could launch himself in the US and UK.
The explosive La Bomba is a sure fire way of getting your body moving, it is my favorite of them all. The other side of the album shows romantic classics such as Bella and and Vuelve.
This gets you back into the roots of Latin sounds and the talent that is Ricky Martin. Surely a classic mark of progress in his career and a reminder of how versatile a performer he is.
Enjoy...I know I am!! :o)
on 7 July 2001
I need to make this clear from the outset...I am NOT nor have I ever been a Ricky Martin fan! While I'm certain that he has a "fair amount" of musical talent his recordings in English have always left me comparing him as this generation's answer to Desi Arnez!.And if you're too young to remember Desi...not to worry! Having said that I will now proceed to eat my words....well, at least in part. This disc was actually given to me as a gift and at first listen I was prepared for the worst. Surprise!!Not half way through I too was shaking my Bon Bon (not really!) but I was impressed with the variety and the honesty of the cd.He generally sounds as if he is actually enjoying himself...which cannot be said for his cd's sung in English,which often sound forced. For those not aware this is a compilation of Ricky's five cd's in Spanish and a sprinkling of "Sound Loaded". Altogether a very nice mixture with ballads such as "Vuelva" and "Bella" sounding very heartfelt and natural. Plus, the disc does clock in at almost sevety-seven minutes worth of music! In ending,while I'm not completely sold on Mr. Martin I must admit his Spanish discs are extremely melodic and genuine. It's a shame he can't translate that into his current catalogue of English cd's. No pun intended! Go ahead and get it....your secret is safe with me!
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2010
Im not a Ricky Martin fan- just remember him looking hot in his video for She bangs and that all really.
However I decided to buy a salsa cd- after going to one salsa class. I found great reviews for this and as it was a great price decided to give it a whirl, not actually expecting much.
Well Im SO glad I did -its fantastic ! Full of movement, passion and excellent heartfelt songs.
In some Ricky sings in his native language- and its brilliant. Im not a fan of songs that arent in English, I will admit Im ignorant like that - but this is amazing .It has totally changed my opinion of Ricky Martin and also opened my mind up to latin music.
It just makes every part of you tingle and you swoon and sway without knowing it.
It has become one of my favourite cd's ever now and I strongly recommend you buy it, as it most certainily bangs.
on 29 July 2003
While being much into the Hip Hop/Dance seen i also like some tuneful upbeat rhythms and beats to keep me happy. This album is awesome with its mix of sumptuous rhythms and explosive beats which energise you and keep you in high spirits. Ricky Martin is a talent not appreciated in the U.K. because of the lack of similar standard in the latin jambre. However, after hearing Maria (un dos tres) this has made me wonder why we haven't heard more of Ricky Martins music in the U.K. This guy is a sensational talent who has had his fare share of critisism in the past but i feel that if people actually listen to his music instead of listening to stereotypical people they will learn to love music such as this.
on 22 February 2010
Me gusta mucho los originales canciones de Ricky Martin .. he has had to move with the times so his music has had to change; a pity ! There are other C.D.'s with these songs in English but he is from Puerto Rico so for me anyway hearing him sing in his Mother tongue of Spanish ( Latino stylo entonces en Castellano ) makes this collection of his hits here in Europe as well as North, Central and South America that much more special!
on 30 May 2013
would not normally by rick martin but some how the spanish sound just sounds better when sung in spanish
too many slow tracks for me to give it a 5*