Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 October 2009
This is recommended for anyone with discerning musical taste who might be a little fed up with boring and derivative (American-influenced) 12 bar blues. Caravan come from the European tradition. Their nearest well-known relative would be Camel, with whom Richard Sinclair played bass in the 1970s (although I believe he said his time with Camel was the nadir of his career). This album is full of melody and whimsical (in some cases lower sixth form) lyrics.
on 23 May 2016
I bought this as I found myself singing "Golf Girl" one day and couldn't think why I hadn't bought it years ago. Oh what memories it brought back!
Timeless, quirky and rather wonderful.
on 15 December 2013
Great intro to Caravan and a very polished recording. Bonus material including alternative versions of songs is great. If you missed the 70's then this is a good intro to the world of fungi abuse!
on 13 June 2013
Turned up within a couple of days of ordering; bought it to replace my vinyl copy of the 70's; superb recording; has brought back happy memories of a mis-spent youth !!
on 24 May 2016
When your brain yearns for something a little less heavy and more relaxed: This is good music with nostalgia for some of us oldies but 'enjoyable for ALL'!
on 11 June 2016
great prog rock sound with catchy of the wall lyrics. I'm sure he sings "don't leave your dad in the rain?"
must have for me.
on 2 November 2009
Excellent. The only problem with the caravan reissues is the lack of words. What a shame on an otherwise superb revamp.
on 12 May 2016
This is a remastered copy of Caravans - In the Land of Grey and Pink for £3.99.
Do I need to write anything else?
on 24 April 2015
An 'oldie' to replace my vinyl version. An amazing bookmark of the time. Interesting, melodic, amazing lyrics.
on 22 December 2013
One I owned a LP of way back. It's as good now as it was then. Bettered only by Blind Dog at St Dunstans.