on 19 October 2017
Hello
This is one of my all time favourite films. The writer Neil Simon captures
the situation between Oscar and Felix in such a beautiful way. Jack Lemmon as
the tormented and lost Felix is both hilarious and touching. Walter Mattau's Oscar
almost has a breakdown by the end of The Odd Couple. All because Felix fusses
and rearranges his friends flat, and needs reassurance constantly over his marriage
break up. This is a timeless comedy. The characters are truly wonderful and the
situation simple but made for both Lemmon and Mattau. A treat for anyone who has
yet to view this classic film.

Craig Minto.
on 22 December 2017
'The Odd Couple' is a great comedy classic. Especially the part were Felix (Jack Lemmon) is clearing his sinuses in the restaurant - I can't help but laugh every time I see it. The blu ray video quality is great and it's shown in the original cinema 2.35 ratio.

By default it plays in Spanish but you change the language to English (Ingles) in the Top Menu before it starts.

Definitely a classic which should be added to everyones collection.

The Odd Couple (La Extrana Pareja) [Blu-ray] (Region B)
on 12 January 2017
I haven't unpacked the DVD yet, but as regards the film itself, I could watch it every week. It was my favourite when I was growing up, and I remember my mum and I, laughing our heads off when this came on tv. Walter Matthau is a genius, as is Jack Lemmon. This film captures the zeitgeist of mean 1970s New York, with its sultry heat and smoky jazz clubs. The scenes in the apartment never stop being funny, and the transition from two male pals to practically a married couple is hilarious. I just love The Odd Couple. I hope the DVD is ok, I'm sure it will be, because I shall be watching it dozens of times!
on 29 August 2013
This film, ‘The Odd Couple’ brings on feelings of nostalgia in me. Watching it many years ago as a young lad, I still hear my old dad giggling heartily at Felix (Jack Lemon) clearing his throat fairly audibly in a busy restaurant― much to the embarrassment of Oscar (Walter Matthau). This comedy centres on two characters who are worlds apart with hilarious results. It leaves one to suppose that Felix has driven his wife to distraction with his meticulous, domestic fads on house cleanliness. Given the order of the boot by her, he contemplates suicide. Discreetly asking the proprietor of a seedy hotel for one of the higher rooms, he is thwarted by a sticky window. Unable to complete plan ‘A’, Felix decides to drown his misery in drink, finding himself serenaded to the booming sound of music in a bar, with fat-bottomed girls prancing energetically around him. Meanwhile, Oscar is preparing disgusting sandwiches for his card-playing cronies in his apartment, the scene of which makes a rubbish dump appear pristine in comparison. On learning of Felix’s demise, Oscar and his cronies are worried about their friend, and where Oscar eventually offers Felix a place in his apartment. It is then personalities begin to clash as Oscar rapidly reaches his limit, and subsequently in a fit of amusing frustrated rapport he tells Felix to clear out. This film is a must for those lovers of classic comedy, where two stars have come together to create a timeless classic.
on 27 July 2012
Today I have seen this great film for the first time, nearly half a century after if was made, and I had a ball. Not only is the film superfunny. Not only it keep a nice clip throughout. It is actually a pretty serious analysis of many of the most common idiosyncrasies of men. All men, or at least most men, in any country. On the one hand we just want to be left alone, but on the other hand, when we are, we resent it and look for relationships.

Also, I sympathized a lot with Oscar for setting up the two girls only to see them fall for Felix, who could not care less, at least in the beginning, and ends up reaping the fruits. It happened to me so many times! (I am usually the Oscar, not the Felix, in this kind of circumstances!)

Some memorable quotes:

[When Oscar can't take it anymore and asks Felix to leave]
Felix: In other words, you're throwin' me out.
Oscar: Not in other words. Those are the perfect ones!

Felix: I think I'm crazy.
Oscar: If it makes you feel any better, I think so too.

[When Felix is very tense]
Oscar: Look at this. You're the only man in the world with clenched hair.
on 22 May 2014
This film is an timeless comedy classic from the pen of Neil Simon(Scripted from his play).It combines the enormous comic talents of Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon as the mismatched odd couple who share an apartment. Lemmon is the finicky hypochondriac who's neatness drives Matthau the utterly lazy slob crazy and vice versa.The one liners come out from both men at a tremendous pace and are delivered with perfect timing.A must for any collector of 1960's comedy films.
on 7 January 2014
I've watched this film so many times on telly, but wanted my own copy for those occasions when I feel in need of something familiar and comforting. It has strong performances from all - especially Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. Neil Simon's plays, from which this is adapted, rarely disappoint. He somehow manages to create characters who are "real" and yet are also caricatures. The script is a delight in word play and scenarios. It's a rare playwright who can even make suicide into something humorous. I always laugh at the same bits whenever I watch it, but once I've pressed "play" I'm glued until the end. The film was so successful that it spawned a television series in the States though not with the same cast.
on 17 November 2010
I don't know if Jack Klugman and Tony Martin were either available or indeed considered for the respective roles of Oscar or Felix, considering THEY were to star in the hit TV Series only 2 years later and that was to run for 5 YEARS! BUT Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau certainly carry off the awards in this film. Matthau as the Sports-writing slob Oscar, whose flat resembles a rubbish-tip on a good-day, who enjoys playing cards,enjoys female company,drinking,gambling in fact all the things most red-bloodied divorced men enjoy. Then there's Felix, newly thrown out of his home by his wife of 12 years, contemplating suicide who is offered a place of sanctuary by Oscar, to stay at the flat. But, poor Oscar doesn't know what he's let himself in for with super-clean,over-fastidious,hypochondriac Felix to whom a cough means TB, a sneeze means Influenza, an aching leg requires amputation.Can Oscar cope with Felix? Will Felix drive Oscar insane? Also stars John Fiedler,Herb Edelman,Monica Evans,Carole Shelley.
on 29 August 2017
The blu-ray Amazon sent me of this classic is definitely NOT locked on region A. It plays in my region B (i.e. UK/Europe) player with no problem.
on 31 January 2016
I've been looking for this DVD for a long time and I could only find for 1 zone. I was over the moon when I saw this one for zone 2. It is also of a good quality and it has many audio and subtitle languages. One of the best classic comedies. Really pleased to add it to my collection.