Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 6 July 2003
Eight adventures, and one hidden feature.
Puns, bad jokes, and various sillinesses... but that's Dangermouse.
The feature is a pilot episode from which "Who stole the Bagpipes" was edited. Notably, in the pilot Dangermouse is not voiced by David Jason, but by William Franklyn. The rest of the voice cast is different -- Penfold has a Welsh accent (actor unknown).
Technically, time has not been kind to the original 16mm films. Some are better quality than the others. They're a little grainy, and a bit of sprocket weave is noticeable occasionally.
on 10 June 2001
6 Episodes bringing back multitudes of memories from my childhood years. All the favourite characters with excellent voices by David Jason (Dangermouse, Colonel K and Baron Greenback) and Terry Scott (Penfold). Also comes with a small cast of characters on the DVD menu and a small snippet of animation (the best one being Penfold in a crocodiles mouth!). The humour means more now than when it did 20 years ago as I understand a lot more of the digs at other series around at the time. Just plain excellent trip down memory lane!
on 30 May 2015
OK
on 9 March 2001
Danger Mouse has to be the best ever British cartoon of all time, and is fully deserving of a DVD release! Remembering my early childhood, I enjoyed the stories and the characters, but you have to be an adult to appreciate the crazy plots and the witty dialogue which flew over my head at the time! Buying this DVD has to be one of the best purchases ever made, as it is packed with six great stories which kept me entertained. With a great cast of actors providing great voices (David Jason provides the voice of the title character but is wonderfully over-the-top as the narrator!), this is the DVD to re-capture your lost youth!
on 7 December 2001
This is what made being a kid in the 80s worthwhile. And after missing Dangermouse for so long (well, it WAS screened, but only in Gaelic, of which I speak about a dozen words badly), this was pure Heaven. Buy it, I implore you! Get all the gags and references you missed 15 years ago (there'll be a lot), and wallow in the most inspired silliness since the Goon Show (and yes, I know that means putting it above the Pythons). (Re references: yes, Agent 57 is "as in Heinz 57" because of the variety of his disguises, but it's no coincidence that Nayland Smith in the Fu Manchu novels was Agent 56. OK, so you got him living on Baker Street and his nemesis stroking a white caterpillar, but you're not so smart, are you? As Nero would say, heh heh heh - only higher and squeakier than that.) Dangermouse - Powerhouse! - He's the greatest secret agent in the world!
on 2 November 2003
The DVD is a great way to preserve my favourite cartoon of my childhood! I love it, the only problem I have with it is that they could of remasted the video footage and made it better quality for DVD, but the special features and the cartoons make up for this. I reccomend this DVD to anyone who remembers watching Danger Mouse as children on parents!
Remember rushing home from school to sit down in front of the TV to watch your favourite kids TV? Then this Dangermouse video will tickle your retro taste buds with humour to make the child inside you laugh and the adult part of you admire the cleverness. A must for any fan of Cult Kids Vids
on 11 January 2001
Takes me back to the good old days of childhood. Danger Mouse is a very clever cartoon - watch it as a child and you think it's very funny and exciting, watch it as an adult and you notice the very witty and more adult type jokes...Has to be in anyones vid collection
on 15 May 2002
Project Moon contains all the characters from my memory with Danger Mouse and Penfold, of course, the Green Baron and associates.
6 cartoons on this video lasting approximately 66 minutes is very good value in my opinion. When watching Danger mouse now, I cannot help but laugh the whole way through, and I know as a child, I would have been so worried over Danger mouses mission.
Kids today watching Dangermouse will get the same enjoyment from this video as I am sure we did as kids watching Danger mouse on t.v.
It is a fantastic video, and I know it will be watched in my home over and over again!
I've given this 5 stars because I'm a child of the '80s and this gives me such a feeling of nostalgia!

The animation is better than I remember - although there is a lot of stock footage re-used!

This is funny on a different level now that I'm in my mid-twenties.

Watching hundreds of Penfold clones popping has me giggling like a schoolgirl after a couple of Castaways.

The pilot episode is great to watch to see what Dangermouse could have been - but thankfully wasn't.

Dangermouse commanded huge audiences in it's day and it still has a strong following.

If you can get this DVD for a budget price then it's worth all 5 stars!

Crumbs Chief!!!!