Format: DVD|Change
Price:£21.85+ £1.26 shipping

on 5 January 2007
I bought this for m(e)y daughter, so she can watch a different type of programming instead of all the flash bang wallop of Tweenies etc. And how have times changed, in one of the episodes Hector declares 'someone is in my shed, I will go and get my gun' !!!! Classic.

Good viewing down old memory lane.
on 26 March 2006
I love this.It hooks you from the moment Hector and Zaza leave their house in the first episode and right the way through to the end.I love Hector's scatalogical view of the world and you can tell the actors had a real hoot (and had to work damn hard!) matching up the dialogue with the events unfolding,sometimes only just making it in terms of narrative logic before the actions of Hector and his friends run away from them.Superb.
on 26 March 2001
I think its great that Hector's House is coming out on DVD but this release could have been so much better. The prints are of French original and not the UK ones(that were previously available on the Channel 5 videos in the late 80s, early 90s). The end credits have been cut from every episode and it makes the viewing horrible. There are no extras and the menu design (?) is terrible. I've only given 1 star because I'm pleased that its coming out on DVD, however, if vol 2 is the same as this I won't bother.
on 11 July 2003
These individuals do not seem at first glance to be a very inspiring combination, but nothing can be further from the truth! Speaking as one who never saw the original series on the television in the 60s I was most dismissive of these characters until I saw a TV Advertisement starring the Hectors House trio. At once I found this DVD and just had to have it! It has given me hours of fun - this irascible dog with very non pc views(don't let cats in your workshop, you'll never be able to find anything!) the snooty cat, and the jolly frog who used to work at the meteorological office in Paris. It works for me on two levels, not dissimilar to pantomime or The Simpsons!
on 2 December 2005
This contains every episode from the original 1970s series. I watched this as a child and now my children (aged 1, 3, 4) watch and love this. The theme tune is very catchy, stories are simple, puppets look rather outdated and audio voices are rather old fashioned. However my children's favourite DVDs are The Incredibles and Hectors House! Highly recommended for children and a great nostalgia trip for those of us who watched the original series.
on 18 July 2012
I used to watch this programme as a child growing up, it was one of my favourites along with Pogles Wood. I couldn't believe it when I saw this item for sale and purchased it immediately. What a fantastic dvd this is, brings back many memories and my 13 year old has watched it with me and agrees, though limited choices, our programmes as children growing up were much much better than what's available now. I would recommend this to anyone.
on 5 July 2013
About a year ago I decided to relive my childhood ... Good old Hector was always on just before the early evening news and it was a bit of a cult "watch" at my school ... brought back many smiles ... if you remember Hector ... well worth a watch
on 12 April 2013
Very reasonable quality used DVD : part of the (now seemingly obsolete) Kult-Kidz collection of long decommissioned children's TV programmes. I bought this for my own kids but only because I had fond memories of watching them when a young-un myself. Interested to see how well they have stood the test of time: despite being on dvd, they are not digitally remastered but do produce the same sense of nostalgia that you might experience from a scratchy old vinyl record;- obviously they are a delight and an oddity as well as occasionally revelatory. Although TV is restricted to an X amount down our way, our young-un's love and request these old retrospective series' as much as they do the new one's, and sometimes, surprisingly, much more often, which just goes to reinforce the old adage: they don't make em like they used to . . . . !
on 16 May 2010
I bought this as a nostalgic trip back to my childhood. Admittedly it is dated but even my children enjoy watching it so it can't be too bad! My 5 year old enjoys watching it. It does get a few laughs from my 14 and 17 year old girls but they stayed watching it too! Good fun.
on 17 October 2009
Ok so this was one of my favourites in my younger days and I love it now,and my little ones have taken to it too. Short chapters, don't quite remember abrubt endings tho this may be editing taking out the end titles of each chapter or episode as you like. Today do not think any character in childrens t.v would get away with bringing out a gun. Ha in our days did'nt affect us did it?.
TO end you more likely to purchase this if you watched it in your younger days.Hector's House [DVD] [1968]