Customer reviews

1,109
The Terminator (Special Edition) [DVD] [1984]
Format: DVD|Change

on 28 March 2014
This blu-ray is without a doubt a perfect upgrade in terms of picture and sound quality, of one of the best action/sci-fi movies of all time. It looks and sounds better than ever, so if you're a fan of this classic, buy it now.
on 20 May 2015
What can one say it`s Arny. The quality of this blue-ray copy, (it must have been remastered )is by far the best i` have seen ( VHS was a washout ) a must have for all sci-fi fans.
on 21 June 2015
Not as good as no. 2 but you have to watch it to understand the full story. A bit dated on the effects but still a classic. My son of 11 wanted to see it and he enjoyed it. I am jealous of all the movies he has yet to see from the past, I have got a long list.
on 21 March 2014
An Incredible Transfer On A Classic, No Age Spots, Excellent Sound, Good Extras, Sadly No Title Menu.

Extras:
Terminator: A Retrospective
Terminated Scenes
Creating The Terminator: Visual Effects & Music
on 25 September 2015
Still one of my favourite films. I find parts of it profound and utterly absorbing. And one of Arnold's best performances - although he's equalled, if not bettered, by Linda Hamilton, who surely transformed herself for this role of a lifetime.
on 1 October 2015
A great film ported to blu ray and it does not disappoint. This does contain some deleted scenes for those who are interested!
on 23 March 2014
This is a classic film and they really have done a good job at making the picture better.. Unlike the T2 Blu-Ray I got that made me think it was just simply a DVD that had a little tweak.. This film looks epic and is a must for Terminator fans like myself :)
on 3 March 2014
This movie holds up so good after 30 years! I was too young to see it in the cinema in 1984, but rented it and saw it on VHS in 86 and it was mind blowing then!
I've owned it on DVD as well, and I remember how great it looked when I saw the DVD on my 29" fat tv. Now I've finally seen the blu-ray in my 120" home cinema, and boy does it look and sound good! The effects are dated, yes, but the action is not! I totally love it, and will return to it many times in the years to come.
on 19 August 2017
Have seen this several times in the past - but still as good and watchable as ever. A first rate movie.
on 13 November 2016