Customer reviews

In Search Of Sunrise 2
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 September 2016
Excellent cd it takes me back as I put it in my camper to drive too
on 10 July 2016
Very satisfied with my order
on 18 June 2013
Hello, looks like Tiesto carried on with this one where he left off after sunrise 1. Worthy adition to the collection.
on 14 February 2013
for all lovers of tiesto this is a must have complements all the other sunrise sessions expertly,you will love it.
on 25 December 2017
As a trance addict for 20 years with over 500 albums there is never anything special about the in search of sunrise albums. So there's nothing much to say except this is a pretty average album with the usual disappointment of not enough euphoric trance.
on 16 August 2012
This mix contains some good parts and some less good parts. As has been widely commented on, some of the mixing is a bit rough and ready. I tend not to mind this too much, as I enjoy listening to turntable mixes from back in the day - these skills were difficult to master, and there was no software to do it for you. I appreciate the effort and skill that went into all of these 1990s and early 2000s trance/progressive house mixes.

What matters more is that the ISOS 2 seems to be less focused than ISOS, and to lack in structure. Where ISOS was deeply nocturnal and moody, ISOS 2 has a more of a summer evening's vibe - more in search of sunSET than sunrise - and it never really builds a narrative. Some of the track selection is unimpressive too - I have always regarded Dreaming as one of BT's weakest compositions, nowhere near as good as "Mercury and Solace", which graced ISOS, and I don't care for it here (or on Summerbreeze for that matter). Similarly, while Touch Me was and remains a classic club hit, it's badly out of place on a progressive trance mix and smacks of "including a hit" to help shift units. Other tracks, e.g. "Golden Desert (Part 2)" and "4am" are unremarkable and seem to be little more than filler.

The rest of this disk, however, is good. The tracks are mostly quite long, giving them time to build and develop, and the mood is psychedelic, spaced out and hot. Tantrix, Perception and Delirio are outstanding, and the double punch of Tyrantanic/Airtight that concludes the album is epic and intense.

So more progressive than the first instalment in the series, but with fewer strong melodies overall and less of a musical identity. In my opinion, however, ISOS 2 is still well worth owning for any adherent of millennial trance.
on 21 May 2001
I've been on the search for my kind of trance mixes for some time now. I'm mostly interested in finding ambient and relaxing mixes without the types of annoying tunes that give me a headache. However, I still like trance to be moderate in pace so it qualifies as nightclub material.
I was inspired to buy this disc after hearing the DJ Tiesto "In search of sunrise" remix of Delerium's - Silence. Although In search of sunrise 2 contains mixes and not remixes by DJ Tiesto, I still believed it could be worthwhile.
This CD is exactly what I've been looking for, and although it only has 1 disc, I never get bored of it. From the very first track, it puts me into a mood of enjoying a warm summer evening as the sun goes down. This is followed by a progressive but ambient track list, with a good pace that is pure, stimulating bliss to my mind.
If you like the ambience of the likes of Chicane, this mix by DJ Tiesto is for you!
11 Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 December 2000
I've listened to electronic music since 1992. Especially trance.....Its evolved to its best state. I've seen some of the best DJ sets in the world. I've seen nearly every international DJ spin at Zouk (Singapore).....Paul Oakenfold, Sasha, John Digweed, Carl Cox....etc. I've also travelled a lot these past 2 years. I went to Innercity in Amsterdam last year and it was one of the best clubbing experiences in my life. I've also been clubbing in the UK...Clubs like Fabric, Bedrock, Gatecrasher and Cream are simply amazing.
OK, OK......I may sound like I'm bragging. Lets get to the review. I first saw DJ Tiesto in Innercity (Holland) last year. To me (and many other people who were there) he was the best dj in the event. I bought the first In Search of Sunrise (ISOS1)....and its been in my cd player for the whole year. The best set I've ever heard.
In Search of Sunrise 2 (ISOS2) blows ISOS1 away anytime. There is always an insistence to flow. The evolution between tracks can barely be noticed. I can't say anything else....probably because the cd is playing in the backround.....Ahhhh. Just Buy the CD ok. I consider Tiesto, Digweed and Paul Van Dyk to be the best dj's out there. But I like Tiesto Melodic techtrance mixes the best.
Once again...Buy the CD....If I could give it more than five stars..I would.
on 9 May 2003
I won't say too much about this one on the basis that it's good but not brilliant.It starts off with some strong tracks,builds steadily but then peters off a bit towards the end.
There's some nice melodic stuff here,not too hard and not too boring which is good to see.I felt,though, that the last three or four tracks didn't do justice to the rest of the cd,which was a pity.In Search of Sunrise 2 is better than its successor but possibly not as good as the first instalment.Worth hearing but not Tiesto at his best.If you're new to the Tiesto sound i would recommend his "Revolution" cd.
Keep on trancing,folks!
on 30 April 2003
This cd by tiesto excellent the vocals are amazing top songs touch me,perception,home but the one that stands out the most is dreaming completly fantastic. Overall the cds starts good and keeps the decent tunes flowing to the end .