on 6 September 2012
Why on earth is this excellent album not available for download? How is the average fan supposed to hear this music?
Look at the stupid prices that the greedy marketplace sellers are charging, this really should be released again and made available for download so that everyone can enjoy this lovely music.
Update: I have just seen that you can hear the whole original soundtrack completely free on 'You Tube' in good quality sound, as many times as you like, go and have a listen.
on 24 October 2015
The Watership down OST is a classic original movie soundtrack i've been looking for ever since i first watched the movie on tv n again repeatedly after i taped it as a young with the first family VHS video recorder! After yonks of searching for it on CD n not at some rediculous overpriced level i final found it for £20 (i know still a bit on the steep side) but the cheapest i could find it! It arrived, i unwrapped it n popped it in the CD player! All i can say is its one of the best 41mins i've listened to of a movie OST i've heard in a long time! If you like watership down thw movie with the quality backin soundtrack buy it on CD.. you won't be disappointed
on 6 November 2001
This CD is really heart-touching. I like every single track from this CD, most of them are never heard in the animated series, but still great. The orchestral tracks played by the Royal Smphonic Orchestra are my favorites. Especially track one and four. I often use to hear this CD while I go for a walk out in nature. It even features a NEW track by Art Garfunkel. Gee, I thought I'd never hear something new from him. So here it is! For those of you who didn't like the animated series of Watership Down, but favor the original movie or the novel, I recommend the orinal movie soundtrack by Angela Morley...
on 25 June 2016
"The soundtrack to the 1978 film Watership Down has to be one of finest 40 minutes of music that my ears have ever heard. I knew that this cd soundtrack was rare, was expensive, but being a fan of the film since a boy, I knew I had to own it, and after paying 50 pounds for a copy last month, I can honestly say I,m delighted with it. The music on this cd conjures up images of green fields, unspoiled countryside, blue skies, wooded hills and lots of rabbits. Its a shame this music, this cd soundtrack is not more readily available. This music should be made available to a wider audience, as of now the only way to listen is on Youtube !!!!
on 16 April 2015
When I was a high school student, I read the original novel in Japanese trransration. And I saw this movie. I don't like music very much. But I really liked the theme song that Art Garfunkel was singing. Later I knew the name of this song ! "Bright Eyes"! I bought a CD "Art Garfunkel Alubum". It includes this song. But I could not be satisfied this version, so I was seeking this Sound Track CD for a long time. Now I'm very satisfied and enjoying old version of "Bright Eyes"!
on 4 January 2006
The music was probably one of the best things from Watership Down TV Series. Tracks 1, 4 and 9 really capture the emotion of the scene. Theres even a couple of tracks from Series 3: 6 and 14. Track 5 is a song that was originally cut out from the film. I suppose they decided to add it here.
Pieces of beautiful, amazing music that must be listened to. They're all incredible
on 3 January 2015
Brilliant and fast delivery. Great price too