Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 December 2000
A friend of mine sent this CD for me, and I was stunned. There are great Verdi singers in the world after all! The opera arias are all outstanding, packed with emotion, sung in resplendent tone and perfect technique (portamento, legato line, strong chest voice). My favourites on this disc are hauntingly beautiful Rusalka's aria, "Pace, pace, mio Dio" from Forza, and Elisabeth's greeting from Tannhäuser. Operetta pieces are wonderful. I don't care that much about the lighter department, but she certainly shows her versatility. Marlene Dietrich song (from Blue Angel) is more succesful than the Marilyn one.
This is a must have for every opera lover! IMO she is the most exciting opera personality in the world today. I became a fan of her after seeing her as Manon Lescaut (I wish she would record "Sola, perduta, abbandonata" someday).
on 3 December 2000
This is a must have for every opera lover! IMO she is the most exciting opera personality in the world today. BTW - the CD program in here looks strange, my copy does not include Elsa's dream (I wish it would) or Edith Piaf song. I became a fan of her after seeing her as Manon Lescaut (I wish she would record "Sola, perduta, abbandonata someday).