Format: DVD|Change
Price:£2.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 18 December 2015
Have been enjoying the 1994 version of this film for many years now and recently bought this for comparison. I watched with my kids ages 17, 13 and 8. We all thoroughly enjoyed it but as to the question of which is the better film we were divided. 17 yr old and me can't choose between them, 13yr old prefers this and 8 yr old prefers the colour version. I think we all prefer the 1994 santa, susan and scene with sign language (rather than dutch in this version)

Both versions are worth owning and watching so the double pack is ideal although in the true tradition of macy's/coles i am obliged to tell you i have seen the double pack selling at £5.99 which is cheaper than amazon has it at time of posting!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2013
Arrived exactly when Amazon said it would - Win One

It opened easily and plays perfectly - Win Two

I almost forgot to write this review because I was too busy getting an early Christmas fix watching the movie - Win Three!

The DVD plays well (I chapter skipped to be sure it's working well all through), sound and picture good through-out as well. Nothing but the DVD in the jacket - the only notes are the basic ones on the back, no inserts inside. So nothing fancy, just a beautiful little movie for a very reasonable price. Very happy and I recommend the purchase to Christmas lovers everywhere!
on 26 January 2016
Had the later remake dvd of this but I like original versions & I wasn't disappointed. I have a 6 year old grand daughter but I feel this story could raise doubts about Santa's existence so have not viewed either with her yet - that's for later years when she starts to ask the inevitable about Santa as I feel it will reaffirm her belief at that stage so prolonging Christmas magic.
on 27 November 2015
This film will always be a memory of my childhood, and it will remain special to me because of that. Anyone over a certain age has got to have that feeling of nostalgia about it. But the bit in the film when all the letters to Santa are dumped on the Judges desk is just magic. Young Natalie Wood is so cute. It always reminds me of my childhood though.
on 22 December 2015
This Christmas black and white film is more for adults than children..too much dialogue for them to understand: not attention holding....I can name the four main stars: there are also many recognizable faces that have been in numerous films of that era. Though familiar, I cannot put a name to any of them.
on 21 November 2000
John Payne plays the wonderful part of Kris Kringle in this movie. He befriends a little girl who doesn't believe in Santa Claus.This film brings home all the magic of Christmas and will appeal to adults and children of all ages.It gets me in the festive spirit everytime and leaves you with a warm and fuzzy feeling at the end. A real feel good movie.
on 8 January 2015
I have just aquired this film and it will probably be next Christmas when I see it for the first time in colour.For many years I have had
this 1947 version on video and disc and on DVD too in black and white with a very young Natalie Wood, also the 1973 version which these days you never see or can buy and of course the Dicky Attenborough 1994 version. If you have never seen this film you have been missing a wonderful Christmas story, A must buy, even at thre present cost.
on 15 February 2016
I have an old copy of this excellent film, and ordered another. Sadly, it did not get delivered, but the seller responded immediately with a full refund and for this reason I am happy to give 5 stars both for the rapid resolution of the problem and also for the film itself, which is a classic I can thoroughly recommend!
on 2 January 2015
Purchased this to replace my video copy. Although I have the more recent film I wanted to have this one as well - mainly because I have very fond memories of being taken to see it when I was young (more years ago than I care to remember). Of course, tastes have changed over the years so to some this may seem a little old fashioned. However, I enjoyed it and somewhat to my surprise, so did my grandchildren
on 3 November 2015
Talk about winding back the clock! I saw this film when I was eight. It was magical. I believed Edmund Gwenn was Father Christmas. Seeing this film again I once more thought this - even if it was only for the duration of the picture. It brought back those memories, the warmth and the happiness of the film. Put this alongside It's a Wonderful Life as a must for Christmas and whatever evil is happening in this crazy old world of ours will fade into the background.