on 26 August 2017
Who doesn't love Whitney Houston ? This diva is now singing in heaven but has left us all her superb recordings to enjoy, and remember her by. I bought one version of this compilation and was very happy with my purchase. All her hits are on the double album I ordered and are cleverly divided into a ballads CD (1), and a dance tracks CD (2). There are some great remixes on the version of this double album that I chose. Take time to look at both the versions of this great anthology, you'll find it's worth it, as you will choose the one that suits you the best.
on 7 June 2017
The cd-s came sticky and dirty.
on 3 October 2017
Fantastic..love it
on 12 April 2015
I love Whitney Houston she is one of my favorite singers of all time and this is a great CD with all her fantastic songs.
on 22 January 2005
Generally speaking, these sort of compilations are a pretty bland and boring affair. Throwing together some hit singles and putting them out for Christmas is hardly a taxing or difficult task for either record label or artist. Luckily, this collection has at least had some thought put it into it and is a very enjoyable journey through the finest moments of an iconic vocalists career. As you'd expect, there's a whole host of pop ballads here - there what first brought Whitney to the attention of the world. There's a whole disc of them in fact. In truth, many of these worldwide smash hits sound dated by now. But, some don't and have stood the test of time very well. "Saving All My Love For You" is one of the best here, along with "Didn't We Almost Have It All" and "All The Man That I Need".
On the flipside on Disc 2, the album steps up a notch with some of the up-tempo and urban flavoured singles that were also big for Houston. The 80's-Tastic "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" and "So Emotional" have, suprisingly, managed to maintain some of thier charm and are still excellent pop records. In fact, they sound better than the slightly messy George Michael duet "If I Told You That". Another nice aspect of this Greatest Hits collection is the inclusion of some remixes. "Queen of the Night", "It's Not Right But It's Okay" and "I'm Your Baby Tonight" have all been brilliantly transformed here and they are very worthy additions to the album. Overall, this is one of the best Greatest Hits album realeased in a while. It's got everything going for it, and with it being such good value now it would be a shame for anyone who's enjoyed Houston's music over the years to pass up the oppurtunity to own her best.
on 13 January 2005
Well, come on! When you've got all of her hits on two discs what else do you expect to get other than one fantastic, chart-topping album!! Whether or not she's your cup of tea, nobody can question the fact that Whitney Houston is one of the greatest female singers in the world ever, and this compilation of tracks shows you exactly why! With four number ones and nearly a dozen other top 10 singles in the Uk, this album covers an amazing 15 years worth of hits starting with her first massive selling number one song "Saving All My Love For You"!
This album is split into her two different styles - disc 1 is entitled "Cool Down" and this is where you find all of her amazing slower material including, ofcourse, the million selling single "I Will Always Love You"! Others in this section include "One Moment In Time", "I Have Nothing" and the 2000 hit duet with Enrique Iglesias, "Could I Have This Kiss Forever"! If you fancy some greats ballads then this is where you come!
However, if you're looking for some great tracks to get dancing to then flip over to disc 2 of this album which is called "Throw Down" and has all of Whitneys up-tempo tunes including her amazing number one hit "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"! This part also has massive hits like "I'm Every Woman" and more recently, "My Love Is Your Love" and "It's Not Right But It's Okay"!
This is a great album and there is only one thing missing, and thats the fantastic 1998 duet with the other top diva Mariah Carey, "When You Believe" which featured on the 'Prince of Egypt' soundtrack! A gorgeous song and a top 5 hit so its a real shame that thats not included, but thats my one and only negative point! Its pretty simple- if you want Whitney then go and buy this!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 April 2013
Back in the 1980's I enjoyed Whitney's big voice singing on record and here first two albums where easily her best. The Whitney songs on the sound track to "The Bodyguard" also match this work. But then I'm a bit indifferent to the rest. So my tip is a play list, featuring "Saving All My Love For You" through to "All the Man that I Need", excluding "If you say my eyes are beautiful", then from "Queen of the Night" to "How will I know" from Disc 2. On Disc 2 in particular avoid the dreadful "mix" versions of the early ballad hits, which are fine example on how to ruin good songs. On the play list mix the songs around a bit and you have the real best of Whitney.
As a full album then it's OK, so 3 stars, the playlist you can make from this would certainly make 4 stars.
on 21 March 2007
Whitney Houston has been one of my favorites ever since I was 17 years old. I can't believe that I've been a fan of hers for the past 20 years. This album is beyond incredible and you all should add it to your collections.

SAVING ALL MY LOVE FOR YOU

From the album WHITNEY HOUSTON (1985). I remember that this was the B-side to the ALL AT ONCE single. This song was also released as it's own single.

GREATEST LOVE OF ALL

From the album WHITNEY HOUSTON (1985). Definitely one of the best songs from Whitney and it will never die.

DIDN'T WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALL

From the album WHITNEY (1987). Beautiful.

WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO

From the album WHITNEY (1987). One of Whit's best.

ALL THE MAN THAT I NEED

From the album I'M YOUR BABY TONIGHT (1990). Okay.

RUN TO YOU

From the original motion picture soundtrack THE BODYGUARD (1992). One of the themes to Whitney's first major film role THE BODYGUARD. Outstandingly beautiful.

I HAVE NOTHING

From the original motion picture soundtrack THE BODYGUARD (1992). This was the another one of THE BODYGUARD themes. Another beautiful song.

I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

From the original motion picture soundtrack THE BODYGUARD (1992). This was the main theme for THE BODYGUARD. DOLLY PARTON originally did this classic ballad, but Whitney's version is the definitive killing machine version. Although some of us are sick of it, we all can't deny that this is a classic that is impossible to kill. The part I love the most is at the end when she hits that high note.

EXHALE (SHOOP, SHOOP)

From the original motion picture soundtrack WAITING TO EXHALE (1995). I started to become less interested when Whitney got into the R&B stage.

WHY DOES IT HURT SO BAD

From the original motion picture soundtrack WAITING TO EXHALE (1995). Okay.

Liked the first half but the 2nd half with all its remixes leaves a sour taste to an otherwise sweet album. Whitney is a RnB Diva not a queen of the dance floor.
on 17 October 2003
Whitney is absolutely my personal favourite singer. This album is an incredible collection of all her biggest hits and my favourite songs. The first disk contains all Whitneys most famous and amazing ballads which showcase Whitneys best asset, her voice. First of all theres the superb and romantic US and UK number one single "Saving All My Love" and the powerful tear jerking track "The Greatest Love of All", then its the song Whitney performed for the Olympics "One Moment In Time" which has to be my favourite song ever. Other highlights on the first disk are the amazing "Run To You", the beautiful "Where Do Broken Hearts Go", the brilliant Dolly Parton cover "I Will Always Love You" and the powerful "I Have Nothing", the first disk is my favourite and is perfect as is the second disk, the dance numbers. The Second disk includes such floorfilling hits like the incredible power of the US number one "So Emotional" which also demonstrates the power of Whitneys voice, theres the fantastic UK and US number one "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" which is simply impossible to resist (forget the shameful Flip n Fill cover). You'll love the wonderful "I'm Every Woman" which is a definate improvement on the Chaka Khan version and if you love very R n B songs then try listening to "I'm Your Baby Tonight".
This album is truly the best album in history, including the biggest hits of the greatest singer of all time.
on 2 August 2005
This album is split into two CDs: CD one, the one containing the slow and powerful ballads, and CD two, which by and large, has more up-tempo and more positive rhythms. My favourite is Disc Two. Here there are Whitney's best songs: Queen of the Night, How Will I Know?, and of course "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", in my opinion the best song on the album.
CD one, however, is lacking in many of Whitney's best hits. While it has it's moments (I Have Nothing, The Greatest Love of All), the slow ballads soon blend into one another, and I couldn't distinguish between very many.
On the whole though, a great album well worth the cheap price at Amazon.