Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

The Main Event
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 May 2001
I bought this after hearing Fingathings 2-player EP and was initially disappointed since there are no tracks on here which better those on 2-player EP. The album is very good, and I listen to it fairly regularly, but if you too are buying it after hearing '2-player EP', don't expect too many more tracks of quite the same quality. Of course if you don't have either I would definately recommend this album - the bass and scratching works brilliantly and will definately be to a lot of people's taste. 'Ffathead', 'Head to head' and 'Ffling' are all well worth the investment alone, but, of course, they are on the EP too...
In short, if you like bass and turntablism, you'll like this, but the best of this album can be found on the cheaper EP. Perhaps listen before you buy...
James
on 8 August 2004
Before buying this album, i didnt know who they were! Now i cant get enuff of their music! This album fuses phat hiphop beats, spooky melodies, great scratchin n beat jugglin skills and a proper futeristic stlye to it! Some of my favourite tracks include :
3 - Big Monsters Crush Cities --- This track is so cool, the strings are brilliant and the samples crack me up. Beat could be improved but still a great track!
5 - Head to head --- Love the beat, funky bass, great scratches.
11 - You Fly me --- For sum reason this song just makes me laugh, nothin funny about it tho! love the beat and the funky bass. the melody is all good too although sumhow it doesnt fit their style.
13 - Slippin --- This is my second favourite track on the album. The beat is heavy, the melody is original. The singin by Veba is all good. Easy track to listen to
17 - The final Bout --- This is one of my favourite tracks ever! The beat is so phat and addictive (even if it is a little slow) and the tune is so wierd and original.
All the other tracks i didnt mention are all great too but these are my favourites. Dj noize puts a great performance and also who could forgoet mr Scruff on "Just Practise". Overall this is one of the best albums in my collection and i would recomend anyone who is into Hip hop, Trip Hop or Turntablist music to buy this album right now!!
on 8 August 2004
5 - Head to head --- Love the beat, funky bass, great scratches.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 October 2003
This is has got to be one of my favorite albums, the double bass is wicked and the whole thing makes me bounce
on 29 January 2014
the words "Main Event" really tells it all, if your a fan of scratching, Dj-ing or vinyl manipulation this is the album for you! Pure class from start to finish
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 November 2000
Fingathing is a simple concept - one guy with samples, scratches and breakbeats - the other playing a bass. The result is like no other record I have heard. The nearest I could get is Psyence Fiction by Uncle, yet this is far more mellow, and lushly atmospheric. You must like the heavy scratching side of hip-hop to like this album, but you WILL adore it!
on 25 June 2002
If you're a fan of Mr Scruff then you're going to love this album. Every track is bizarre as the next - From the eerie jangly grooves of How To Smoke, to the open university lesson of how to play guitar in Just Practice, and on to the wurlitzer of Big Kid. Its weird. Its funny. Its very cool. Ignore it at your peril.