Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 September 2002
A great soundtrack to go with a great show - what can I say? This CD is the soundtrack to seasons three and four (mainly four) and the first soundtrack accompanies seasons one and two - just so you know!
I adore this album, as will any fan of Dawson's Creek and the style of music they use (apparently called "Soft Rock"), a style not produced in the United Kingdom.
The highlights are "Never Saw Blue Like That Before", "Crazy For This Girl", and "Daydream Believer", but as a total PJ-er who aways associates those songs with scenes, I may well be biased.
The worst songs are "I Think I'm In Love With You" by Jessica Simpson; it's nowhere near as good as "Did You Ever Love Somebody", another of her songs, as featured on Songs From Dawson's Creek Volume One. And, one of the bonustracks (which I don't see the point of in the first place as it's a soundtrack, but there you go) by A1 *shudders*.
I also happen to think that "Jealous" by Sinead O'Conner, as played in the "This year on Dawson's Creek" flash-backs of the season three finale, and "Fields Of Gold" by Eva Cassidy, as played during Joey's graduation speech should have been included. But that's just a small point.
This soundtrack embodies all that is Dawson's Creek from the songs that accompany the angst-ridden scenes and montages at the ends of episodes (I love those!), to the I'm-cursing-the-world style songs that characters love to blast out in times of strife. There's tracks played at parties and tracks played during evening walks along the docks *has a moment of quiet reflection*.
Why are you still reading this? Scroll up and add this CD to your shopping basket or get offline and down to your local music shop ...... now!
on 14 April 2002
This cd is pure perfection. It takes numerous songs heard on the brillant channel 4 programme Dawson's Creek adds a few more all time classics and proves to be the best cd i have ever got.
Jessica Simpson's 'I think i'm in love with you' kick starts the cd and already images of Pacey and Joey spring to mind while also pulling on a few of your own heart strings.
'Crazy for this girl', 'show me heaven', 'Day dream believer' and 'Dancing in the moonlight' are true pick me up songs, you cant help but have a smile on your face.
The great brit band A1 prove that they are producing some amazing ballads with 'heaven by your side' being a typical Dawson's creek style song. If you really listen to the lyrics you are sure to relate to this song and every other on the cd.
'Never saw blue' 'sweet surburban sky','perfect' and many many more tracks bring tears to your evyes and make this cd a must have. There is no song that you cant like and even if you are not a fan of the TV series i recomend that everybody should have this soundtrack in there cd collection. If you like this you are sure to love the Original DC cd with the Dc theme tune 'I dont wanna wait' by Paula Cole.
on 4 May 2003
This cd didn't have the best impact on me at first. But the more I listened to it, the more songs I liked. Since buying this cd, I have found new bands and artists that I really like. Evan and jaron and Five For Fighting are my favourites, and I think most people will enjoy the wide appeal of this soundtrack. I'm a huge Dawson's fan, but I feel that the other cd "songs from dawson's Creek" is much better!
on 24 October 2000
This CD is amazing, i love it. Dare I say better than the last? The style of music is similar in the fact that there are some angry songs with loud bass & electric guitar and some quiet contemplative ones where you can just imagine Pacey & Joey walking hand in hand.The fact that there are more tracks greatly improves the CD and the inclusion of some chart songs by Jessica Simpson and Toploader is great, the only downfall of this CD is the ommision of the theme song, but hey not to worry as its on volume 1. Go out and buy this CD now, you won't regret it and don't think just 'cos you've got the first one you don't need the next. You will miss out on some great tunes if you don't get hold of this amazing CD.
on 13 February 2001
When I first bought this album I wasn't that impressed with it, so it went unplayed for several months. However I thought I'd give it another go and I'm so pleased I did. With songs like "never saw blue like that" and "I'm gonna make you love me" on it, you can re-live those teen angst moments that we all love to watch again and again. I bought the US version, which I'm very glad to say has no A1 on it, as that would have totally ruined it for me! I wouldn't say it's as good as the first DC soundtrack, but it's definitely got some good tunes on it. If you love the tunes played on DC then I'm sure this will please you.
on 19 March 2013
I really enjoyed watching Dawson's Creek as a teenager and I happened to stumble across the show one weekend and I'd forgotten how much I loved the music in the show, so it's a must for any fan.
on 2 July 2001
From what I have seen of Dawson's Creek, it is a bit cheesy but nevertheless charming and engrossing. This is exactly what this album is. The more you listen to it, the better it gets. To begin with I only liked Teenage Dirtbag, If I Am and Crazy for this Girl. Though I now listen to the whole album including some great bonus tracks without taking note of track numbers etc all the way through. The best track, I still feel is Evan and Jaron's Crazy for this Girl. But If I Am has caused me to buy the Nine days album, also very good. Buy this album and you'll not be disappointed, even if you don't watch the show!!
on 2 July 2001
on 16 March 2014
I was never a big Dawson's Creek fan, but this does remind me of some of my angsty teenage years...but in a good way. The songs are actually quite good!
on 28 April 2001
The thing I love about this album is the variety. When you first listen to it you like it but it doesn't grip you, but when you listen to it again it grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go! This is one of my favourite albums, and has got me interested in each of the artists too. I think it's better than the first album. I LOVE the Five For Fighting, Lara Fabian, and Pete Yorn songs. THey're so different, and they have such substance. I never get sick of these songs. :)