Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 November 2002
Years ago a friend made a tape with Miriam Makeba's songs for me and I listened to it to the point of tearing it. It is great to know that my favourites are other people's favourites and this collection is just that. All my favourite Miriam Makeba hits and many more.
She is arguably the best female African singer there is and she is not stepping away yet. This is the CD you that will keep me warm and dancing around the Xmas tree this year and probably many years to come.
It is also the CD I would want my children to listen to one day, to see that African music has been amazing from its very begining.
on 7 December 2008
Bought this as it was "The Best Of..." but very disappointing, there are much better recordings of the great Miriam Makeba. Most of the tracks are recorded in Black American jazz style, I prefer her recordings that have the sound of Africa.
on 16 December 2008
I have just bought this and agree 100% with the reviewer from Hull - there are much better versions/ recordings of her songs than the ones on this cd which are all done in a certain style. Like the other reviewer I wanted the 'African' versions of Pata Pata, the Click Song etc which are the ones I have heard before. Not a total waste of £4 but not what I was expecting or wanted either. Next time I will try and listen to snippets of an album online before buying it - would be nice if there were preview tracks for this so people knew what to expect. Miriam Makeba was wonderful though so do try and track down some of her music on another cd - she will be greatly missed.
on 22 September 2012
What a great CD. Music and quality is fantastic. Highly recommend this CD. The song list is varied with vibrant songs then going into soft rhythms. A truly lovely album and something that i now listen to most days it lifts my mood and sooths my soul...and not many CDs can do that, every song on the album is a little gem.
on 31 October 2012
The product is fine, but the delivery system leaves a lot to be desired. Before iCloud, MP3s bought through Amazon downloads went directly into my iTunes library. Now it's pretty much impossible to do that, for all the system tells you. Part of Amazon's war on Apple, and its customers are caught in the middle.
on 30 December 2012
once you hear Miraims voice and words you will wonder why you've never listened her before, give yourself a treat and education in life listen to Miriam Makeba now. Nomad maryx
on 16 August 2011
I saw the film "Mama Africa" and felt like I wanted to know more about Miriam Makeba's music. This is a good introduction.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 August 2011
Little to say about this except to recommend it. What a voice and range of unusual songs in a very well-produced CD.
on 17 November 2009
This album was a great new experience for me of African Music. I really enjoy listening to Mama Africa.