on 28 October 2017
I bought this tape last year and used it for bits of DIY but I used it when painting this week for the first time. I painted a glass door cabinet - spent hours taping the little glass pieces around, both sides. Painted the inside of it then taped the edge of that too (inside is pale pink / outside is black so protection was needed) to get nice neat edges. I used chalk paint.
I didn’t get nice clean neat edges ANYWHERE on the furniture. The edge where pink meets black looks worse than if I did not use the tape and just used an artist’s brush to paint around those lines. Same for the glass doors. It looks like icicles but in black, ‘grown’ all over the edges. I have days of work scraping it all off and repainting all the edges - pretty pissed about it. To top it, where the tape got wet with paint it hardened and instead of coming off it breaks so I’ll be scraping pieces of blue tape off my cabinet for hours.

I wanted to give it 2 stars because for other bits around the house it worked - but what good is a PAINTERS TAPE if it doesn’t do its job during painting???? So one star only, I found this not fit for purpose, won’t use it for paint jobs again and for sure would never recommend it as a painters tape.
on 17 May 2017
The man is into 3D printing and swears by this tape, apparently it is by far the best for printing (including on a heated bed in three different machines - Da Vinci Pro, Creality CR 10 and the Anet A8)
on 5 November 2017
I'd just finished the two sample rolls of this tape, which I really like using, so I bought this full size roll. When I removed the plastic wrapping I found both faces were very sticky so when put on paper it picked it up and if put on the floor/carpet it picked up hairs - not good at all! I then had a brainwave and dusted each face with talc (Johnson's baby, of course - see photo) and that did the trick, stickiness cured.
As an aside, I've always assumed this stickiness was due to very old or wrongly stored stock - am I right?
review image
on 4 April 2017
Not much to say - this tape is strong with great adhesion - the best tape to get when spraying. I couldn't live without it and keep coming back for more.
on 3 September 2017
Very pleased with this. I was dubious at first but it is excellent. I will get some more now that I know it is fit for my purpose which is to hold metal dies in place as I pass them through my cutting machine.
on 26 August 2017
used this to mask off coving that hadn't been painted for over a year, yet on removable just one day later it stripped the coving in various places, so the job it was supposed to save me from I now have to do
on 31 July 2017
I bought this primarily to help adhesion when 3D printing and that it has done. It is easy to apply and remove and allows my prints to stick to the printer bed. I haven't tried it for its original purpose so am unable to comment, but for 3D printing I would recommend.
on 31 December 2016
Nice product and easy to peel off. No bleed through if it's used right.
on 14 August 2017
Use this on the base plate of my 3D printer, it is perfect for this job. Since using this and a glue stick I have had no issues with printing. Perfect
on 16 September 2017
Really good tape for decorating and art. Sticks but comes away without leaving a mess unlike ordinary masking tape. Will definitely use this in future.