on 29 December 2014
50 northern soul tracks on one CD makes northern soul heaven. When every single one of those tracks really are all GREAT then it makes shangrila!. Yes this really is that good and worth the money. There are no turkeys and no fillers. I used to have this and I rebought it after all my music was stolen. This was a lot more money than I wanted to pay but I knew it was worth it and it is. If you only own 1 Northern Sould CD but want a great selection of old, new classic and true then its got to be this because you won't find it any better, anywhere. Get this CD.
on 21 February 2013
It is fifty years since I used to dance the night away at the "Wheel", and this wonderful c.d. transports my head right back there. I can almost smell the soup and coffee and pastries, a scent that used to hit you as soon as you walked through those hallowed doors. I have transferred the tracks to my MP3 player so, when I take my morning walk to the beach there is quite a spring in my step. Not a bad track in sight.
on 3 April 2008
This CD accompanies Mike Ritsons book of the same name and is just as good. Containing such such gems as Rose Batistes - Hit & Run, Sandi Sheldons - You're gonna make me love you, plus a whole host more, this CD has it all. If you want to know what all the fuss is about, well this CD will give you all the answers.
4 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2016
brilliant cd
on 29 June 2011
This collection is a classic. The best ever, simply. Just a shame that this and the companion book are both out of print. Let's bring them both back. A Big Thing by the Yum Yums, I mean, c'mon....
on 12 March 2015
On time great
on 7 May 2015
OK
on 6 April 2016
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 17 March 2016
A great northern soul cd
VINE VOICEon 12 November 2001
Growing up a soul fanatic in the sixties I spent my weekly pocket money on soul 45s. I wore those little vinyl wonders out with constant playing and had relegated that episode of my music-listening life to a bottom drawer when lo and behold albums like this are produced and within afew cuts I am transported to those halcyon care free days....just check out the track list of this amazing compilation, it reads like the history of soul music. For me the stand out tracks are Darrell Banks "open the door to your heart", Maxine Brown (probably the most under rated performer in the whole of soul music history) "One in a million" to mention just two. If you still have two legs that will carry you bopping around the ironing board..BUY THIS. you will not be dissapointed
21 people found this helpful