on 19 April 2000
Deep Forest provide a stirring mix of ethnic sounds set to a synthesised backdrop. This is not your first stop for authentic world music (it is softened sufficiently to fall into a general commercial category) but it's the sort of music you want to lie back to on a warm summer evening. This album contains their most popular and, in my opinion, their best work. Other work over uses the synthesised element too strongly and what you get is something like a combination of world music, Whitesnake and James Last and his Orchestra! Watch out for the stuff they did with Enigma though. A sensous mix of deeply satisfying music.
on 12 October 2000
Really great, relaxing, chilled out, ethnic (but GOOD ethnic) stuff. The other two Deep Forest albums are not worth bothering with (in my opinion), save your pennies. But this album is great.
on 5 February 2016
This is the second Deep Forest used cm I've bought , the first being World Mix. Though both have the same songs, this one is mellow, and world mix is more techno mixed. Both are brilliant. If you like pure moods original, you will love Deep Forest..
on 15 September 2000
Simply put, this is one of my three favourite CD's of all time. The other two are Nevermind and Siamese Dream. However, Deep Forest is a different sort of music. The words mellow and transient spring to mind. Be sure to add this one to your music collection.
on 7 December 1999
This is the original debut of Deep Forest. It is by far their most popular. They blend a beautiful mix of obscure ethnic sounds and modern synthesized sounds, somewhat paradoxical. Personally, I love the cd, however, it is easy to get used to Deep Forest as having a tribal, african beat (this one), but their 2 later CDs are as rich and melodic as they are different from their first each with distinctly different ethnic sounds. They are by far one of my favorite groups, ahead of their time and in a class by themselves. Have an open mind and enjoy!
on 30 May 2009
Deep Forest's first album is magical. It was always in my top five, but my music collection was ripped off about 18months ago, trying to decide which tunes to start my re-vamped catalogue has been difficult to say the least - not to mention, expensive. Deep Forest had to be got and listening to it once again was brilliant. evocative and trippy. Ive turned quite a few pals onto this album and its always gone down a storm.
Top album, give it a listen!
on 9 June 2007
No need to stress how important the Deep Forest album is to ambient music. But the key point here is to stress that this 11-track version, which adds the crucial 'Forest Hymn', is the best version - a French import. For what it's worth, it's the best cover design, too!
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2008
I first bought this album about 15 years ago when I lived abroad. I had been hitchhiking one day and the driver of the car had this playing and it made the ride so relaxing that when I got out of the car at the end of my journey the driver actually gave me the cassette which I then played over and over on my walkman.

My cassette has long since been upgrdaded to a CD and my iPod but it is one that still gets repeatedly played and I would go so far as to say that it is one of my favourite ever. It would certainly be part of my Desert Island Top 10.

If you are new to Deep Foreast, they are a band from France who find tribal music (lullaby's, tribal songs, folk songs) from all over the world and put a different beat behind it (I wanted to say make it funkier but that makes me sound really old!). This CD is based on songs from Africa. The result is a haunting, beatiful sound that I don't think I will ever tire of.

I highly recommend this CD. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
on 12 March 2013
turnips
a bleeding big feild of loverly luscious turnips good for me good for you and all the animals too TURNIPS !
on 11 April 2013
I have to say that this album has been in my life for many, many years. My dad had it when I was a teen and I absolutely hated it!!! As I've grown up (39 now!) I've grown into it and I have to say it has become one of my favourite albums ever. It's like nature washing over you as you listen and the songs merge beautifully together to make one amazing album. My own teen daughter loves it and sings along to every hmmm.......sound;-)