Customer reviews

Andy Williams Christmas Album
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 November 2013
When I was younger I had 2 Christmas records. 1 Elvis's Blue Christmas & 2 Andy Williams Christmas Album. Elvis I could live without, sorry, but Andy just made Christmas.....well, more Christmassy! When I left home, got married etc I mislaid my treasured album. :-( But, after a long time of searching, I found my beloved album but on a cd. The front cover is different to what mine was, the pic on the back is what I had on my album cover, & I'm sure there's more songs on it. But from what I've read in the reviews its a couple of albums thrown together. But it's got all the songs I remember listening to when I was growing up & that's all that matters to me. The cd case was broken which wasn't really Amazons fault but it did mean I 'had' to listen to the cd to make sure it wasn't damaged!! Yes, I was listening to a Christmas cd on November 5th!! Oh, & the cd was just fine. All I need now is the Coke ad, 'Holidays are Coming', & it will truly feel like Christmas is here!! Yay. :-) :-) :-)
on 9 May 2017
Beautiful Christmas Album by Andy williams. Mr Williams use to sing in his Christmas specials every year at his Moon River Theatre and also Tour America too he was seen by thousands of people every year a man who loved singing. Singing was his life and he gave us one of the best Christmas Album ever.
on 9 June 2016
It's a lovely album for that time of year.
on 10 December 2007
Here it is! Many of the most popular christmas songs from yesteryear. Christmas would'nt be christmas without Andy Williams. With his jazzed up singing style Andy throws life into the songs on this cd & makes it a real joy to listen to!
If you want a really good traditional christmas CD then this is it!!
10/10
on 16 December 2000
Like the music fan from Glasgow, my parents had the vinyl version and as a kid I used to open my presents to this album on Christmas morning. This will bring back some of that magic and I hope to share that with my own children one day.
on 6 December 2012
exactly what I expected, full of Christmas favourites although why they can't list all the tracks on the web site is beyond me.
on 22 November 2007
The first Christmas after my marriage, I bought this album on cassette, which was eventually damaged. Every Christmas I remember with fond nostalgia it being a part of my early married life at the end of every year. This year I have found, with the help of Amazon Reviews, the C.D. which is obviously the same album I bought in 1977. Thank You Everyone!
on 31 October 2000
My parents have the vinyl and I just had to buy the CD - it wouldn't be Christmas without it
on 15 November 2004
Despite what the previous post claims, this is not the 1963 album. Rather this is a compilation featuring a selection of tracks from all three seasonal albums Andy recorded for Columbia in 1963, 1965 and 1974.
That being said it is an excellent Christmas CD. The original 1963 and 1965 albums have just been reissued Stateside, but the superb 1974 "Christmas Present" (one of the truly great Christmas albums) remains out of print on CD, so this compilation is the only way you will get tracks from this album in digital format, until hopefully Sony/Columbia re-issue it. Perhaps in time for Christmas 2005?
on 6 December 2003
In 1963 "The Andy Williams Christmas Album" made it to the top of the Billboard Pop Albums chart and the first track, "White Christmas" made it to #1 as a Pop Single. However, the song we most associate with Andy Williams would be his boisterous "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." With his laidback delivery and smooth voice, Williams put together a Christmas album that was perfect for the middle of the road audience he was cultivating with his records and hit television series. The album consists of mostly traditional Christmas songs, a few of which are secular ("The Christmas Song"), but most of which are religious, from "The First Noel" and "O Holy Night" to "Away in the Manger" and "Silent Night." It has been forty years this holiday season since "The Andy Williams Christmas Album" was first released, and it remains a classic collection of Christmas songs.