Format: Vinyl|Change

on 29 May 2017
just recently got into St Germain so its always good when you easily get hold of the back catalogue at a low low price.
on 16 February 2001
I believe this is the best jazz house record ever made or ever to be made. Even for jazz fans , this record shows a quality and taste in beautiful music.
on 26 April 2015
Some long assed tunes on here but they are worth it. Deep dubby, jazzy, housey it's fine. When I first bought it I was thinking jees how long does this track go on for, and then I smiply learned to lay back and be a part of it and when I let go of the panic to hear the end I embraced the quality and message of the sounds. Now I truly appreciate it.
on 20 July 2010
Well, for starters, St. Germaing has nothing to do with Saint Germain Des Pres, so the 2 star comment below about it, forget it. Secondly, Boulevard was realeased in 1995, the Tourist only in 2000, so i think they're not comparable since DJ's and remixing techniques developed a lot from the 90' to 00's.

Both are beautiful and amazing albums, I have both of them on CD and Vinyl and i love them.

It's a pitty that we haven't heard from St. Germain's (Ludovic Navarre) work since 2000. I'd love to know if he's been doing anything to be released. I'll surely buy it.

If you're hesitating between buying or not, don't wait no more! Do it. I garantee you: no regrets!
on 5 November 2000
All I can really say is... GO AND BUY THIS ALBUM. Ludovic Navarre has produced something here that is quite out of the ordinary. After a long hard stressful day, come in, throw everything on the floor, and put this on to sooth your senses. Tracks such as Thank you Mum (4 Everything you did) and Street scene (4 Shazz) are sensational - the chilled groove with jazz snippets slowly bubbling their way up through are mindblowingly excellent. If that ain't good I don't know what is! You can find equally funky tunes on St Germain's newer albums 'Tourist' and 'From Detroit to St. Germain'.
on 10 May 2000
A cool, sometimes funky mixture of soft house and open jazz. This record in excellent in-car listening. The creative use of sax and muted trumpet blends well with effective bass / beat and vibes. Highly recommended.
I've had it now for six years and I still think it's the best house/jazz record haver made it.Just put the cd on your stereo, close your eyes and just start feeling the power of this record. I sincerely recommend it to every real house music lovers.
on 15 August 2013
Have had Tourist CD since we first heard it on a beach holiday in Turkey, Decided to buy Boulevard and like it as much if not more than Tourist. Great for background sound for evening BBQ parties or just chilling out. Great.
on 5 February 2001
St. germain provide an excellent selection for searchers of contemporary electronic music, following the example of US3's jazz sampling practice, St. germain stick to jazz more than their blue note peers US3 and explore the sounds of modern sampling and beat producing machinery combined with live saxophone, guitars and piano. A truelly marvellous recording.
on 7 December 2016
My favourite St Germain album and agree with most of the reviews on Amazon. My only reservation is the very prominent bass
content which for me is a little too prominent. As I do most of my listening in the evening or late evening, I am aware that this might
be annoying for my neighbours. Overall though I like this album, and the bass issue might be less of a problem for other people, so
recommended with reservations.