Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun

excellent buy
on 26 March 2017
superb
on 20 May 2013
I was in the pub one night and this came on. I was gobsmacked, couldn't believe I'd never heard it before. I asked the barman who it was and bought it the next day. I've bought most of their albums now but for me this is one of the greatest albums ever released. Such emotion and depth. 5/5!
on 14 June 2015
It just washes over me. Beautiful music.
on 18 July 2012
A huge achievement musically with the orchestral style accompaniment allowing a large canvas of relaxed flowing sounds. A musical aurora borealis.
on 9 September 2013
I'm a massive Sigur Ros fan so I'm probably biased, but I loved this album. This is a typical helping of Sigur Ros' post-rock experimental tunes.
on 18 September 2015
Great early album if you like this sort of thing
on 8 September 2015
Somewhere deep within the hessian, egg yolk and lava lamp soul of Tubular Bells, beats the tiny but persistent beating heart of a beautiful fragile butterfly. It is Icelandic band Sigur Ros who set it free, to flutter about and hover above illustrating every imaginable folk, indie, hippy, meditative touchstone of inspiring music.
Not content with singing in their own native Icelandic, the band have put the "Oh!" back in obscure and sing in their own made up language 'Hopelandic'. Understated, intricate and evocative, it will either enhance your life or leave you untouched. Like Marmite for the soul.
on 4 August 2016
I bought this thinking it would have their well known tracks on it but unfortunately not (which admittedly is my own fault) however, I gave this go and found the music very relaxing and well worth a listen. The CD is still in my car and I listen to is occasionally. Sigur Ros are extremely unique and I like how different they sound from other artists.