Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

Customer reviews

Rome (written upside do [VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change

on 3 February 2001
I heard Les Savy Fav were playing in Leeds where I live, and I'd heard of their live reputation, so I thought I'd check it out... It's just so great, the only album I can think of that I like better is Shellac's 1000 Hurts. It's twisted punk/hardcore with a keen sense of melody too... think Fugazi, Shellac, Sweep The Leg Johnny etc. If you've every liked any of these bands you'll love Rome, if you have a taste for experimental art rock which actually rocks, you shouls definitely get this... I just can't wait for them to come to Leeds.
on 7 June 2004
Ok, so I gave it 4 stars, but that is purely because of the fact it is so short.
An album of this style would be amazing, but being Les Savy, they all sound remarkably different. The almost robotic beats of IC Timer and ROME always make me feel like writing more music myself. Very inspiring stuff.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse