on 10 November 2017
Fantastic movie with a great cast and is written and directed by one of my favorite directors in Frank Darabont, who is great at adapting Stephen King novels for the big screen, and ofcourse being a Stephen King novel it all just comes full circle for me.
Even though the Shawshank Redemption is a fantastic movie aswell i personally prefer the Green Mile if forced to choose between these two excellent Frank Darabont movies who are both based on Stephen King stories.

The blu-ray picture quality transfer is very good but it is not as clean and clear like new movies look like to day it has more of a film look but is nothing to complain about and actually fits this movie well since it mostly takes place during the depression between the two world wars. Sound quality is pretty good remastered in Dolby TrueHD.
This 15th anniversary edition has two discs and are full of all sorts of special features and the cover art work is really nice.

I highly recommend this.
on 9 May 2017
Quite simply, one of the best films ever made in my opinion. Very moving, gruesome in parts yet very funny in others, it is totally absorbing from start to finish. Tom Hanks is such a good actor. I personally think this is the best adaption of a Stephen King novel made.
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 January 2018
Solid four-star affair. Powerful story which explores the possibility of 'spiritual' healing, and hammers home the grim reality of the death penalty.
Awesome cast (not just the stars but David Morse! Barry Pepper!) and one of Stephen King's soulful-without-being-schmaltzy stories.
A tiny bit s-l-o-w by today's standards, but it's held up very well over two decades. It's *not* a horror film by any means but a couple of the execution sequences are pretty unpleasant if you're of a sensitive nature (not suitable for wee kiddies).
Kept us completely enthralled for three hours.
8/10
on 24 May 2017
Classic Tom Hanks in one of Stephen Kings best stories (apart from Shawshank of course).

John Coffey is a special man. Not a murderer.
Great turn from the late Michael Clarke Duncan. Should have won an oscar for his role here.

Best three hours of my life watching this life changing film.
on 5 April 2017
Tom Hanks has not made a bad film and this must rate as one of the best. The guidelines, althoughh very familiar, are bolstered by a solid performance from all concerned. I laughed in many places and am not ashamed to say that I cried in quite a few. I will not go through the whole film and perhaps spoil it for future watchers, but I can safely say that it is probably one of the best fims to watch in a long time - quirky yet (sort of ) believable at the same time.
on 13 August 2017
This is definitely the edition to get if you're a fan of The Green Mile. It's the same transfer as the Digibook edition from 2009 with the added incentive of over one and a half hours of " Walking the Mile ", a documentary on the making of the film.
on 2 April 2016
I would give this film 10 stars if I could.What a FANTASTIC film----well worth far more accolades than I could ever give it.Wonderful performances from all the cast.I have not just 'come across' this film I have seen it before----but that was a few years ago.Great portrayal of lives ' nearly done' and of life on Death Row for some inmates and staff.The sheer energy and compassion put into this production should be hailed as 'go-to and study' for some of the rubbish produced now. Most of you will know the story--so not going over it again.It was very informing also to see the 'how it was made' episodes----especially the efforts put into 'Mr Jingles' appearances!!!! ---its all very interesting to me. how movies come together I cant just say 'recommended' [ that would be a gross understatement]--I would say its a MUST.Also great to see Stephen King on set---- he was rightly proud of it all.
on 3 April 2018
Gripping, thoroughly thought-provoking storyline by the master of storytellers - Stephen King - set to life by superb performances from the cream of Hollywood, each role and character portrayed as brilliantly and uniquely as each other. This was another opportunity to see the film (this time without commercials) and to revisit some long forgotten scenes each of which built more powerfully than the last with more twists and turns and gut-wrenching climaxes than a roller coaster. An epic 'must see' - not once, not twice but many times to appreciate the subtleties. However, not subject matter for the faint hearted or squeamish.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 September 2017
I brought it for my sister who has never seen it because it's on too late at night ,she is 82 an goes to bed at 21.00 every night, I'm no youngster myself I'm 70 but still enjoy a good film thank you
on 2 May 2016
Not at all what I was expecting (having not seen the trailers or read anything about the story) but I can honestly say it didn't fail to impress and entertain me and my family. A very moving, sometimes funny and at times shocking story of man's inhumanity to man, 'The Green Mile' is a brilliant evening's entertainment. Tom Hanks is on top form, as always!