Customer reviews

Celtic Drums
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 October 2003
John Richardson may not immediately ring a bell to each and everyone, but he is surely no stranger to the music- business;
mainly in the seventies he showed the world his drumming-skills,
vocal capability, ánd clownesk behaviour as a founder-member of
the very populair band in that time especially; The Rubettes.
John did his part in various songs at that time, in vocals, but
mainly ofcourse on drums; already then not without merit.In the
early 80's he left the band, but has returned at the beginning
of this millennium, and gives it all he's got, as ever before.
In the in-between years however, among other things and interests, he launched his solo-career, mainly focussed on New Age music.Music for relaxation,inspiration and to uplift you.
In this range of CD's,this "Celtic Drums" CD is a masterpiece,
surely when you are a Celtic-music lover; you simply may not miss out on this one!! All the arrangements were written by John Richardson himself, and his drumming-skills are better than ever; a true and wonderful surprise from this musician, who
absolutely surpasses himself on this peace of music-art. A "must-have" to every CD-collection of every true good music fan! In fact, personally I don't just like this CD very much, I love it; way to go John Richardson; Tops!!
on 17 April 2014
Bought this because I've heard some of his tracks on compilation albums over the years. Being half-Irish, I love Celtic music with a real beat to it, and this certainly doesn't disappoint.

I've just been cleaning my fish tank out with Celtic Drums playing in the background - my fish didn't exactly join in, but they noticed I was bouncing up and down as I scrubbed the sides of the tank, and they gathered round as I tried to take water out without spilling it all over the carpet. Difficult when you can't stop your feet moving!

btw, I'm old enough to remember the Rubettes too - blast, now I've got to listen to THEIR stuff. The housework will just have to wait!
on 31 October 2011
This is a brilliant CD, we had it on 'cassette' many years ago and, to be honest, we thought we had lost it as it was unavailable in main stream outlets. Anyway, it is an amazing fusion of Celtic music and drumming, the sterio quality is fascinating, if ever you need to make sure that all speakers are working correctly, this is the CD to do it!!!
on 12 September 2011
I can't praise this CD enough. The drumming is absolutely mesmeric. If you love a good beat, you'll love this.
on 1 June 2015
I love this music, brilliant to just chill out and listen to, some of the tracks are good for meditation.
on 31 May 2015
Fantastic LP. Wonderful mixture of Celtic themes with a variety of drum rhythms interwoven. Memorable.