Customer reviews

Little Things of Venom/Ltd Dig
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£37.18+ £1.26 shipping

on 6 January 2002
This is an excellent CD from a band who someone recommened to me. I was not expecting music of this qualiry because i had never even heard of them, let alone heard any of their music. But i was amazed. These tracks touch you deep down. My favourite track is definitely My Melody because every time i hear this track, it brings tears to my eyes. The rhythm of it and the emotional lyrics combine to make a fantastic track.
My other favourites would have to be At the Close of Everyday and All Will Wait, but it is hard to pick out any "best" songs from this album because i think they are all so good.
It is a shame Arid are not better known as i know many people like me would enjoy this music.
on 19 March 2003
There is only one word for this band, STUNNING! Coming from Belgium, I can only say they are very popular there. It is very weird that they have never broken through to the UK market with so much music going around.
This album is emotionally and lyrically perfect in everyway. The emotional melodies are sometimes mixed with rocky tunes, which make it a very versatile and flexible listening experience.
All tracks are very good. You need to buy it to experience ARID!
It goes to show that MUSIC is not dead yet! It is just a shame that bigger Music Companies don't give the guys with a talent a real chance!
Try and buy there "newest" CD that came out in 2002 and experience another ARID Experience!
on 10 February 2003
This is an incredible album! I only heard part of the title track, 'Little things of venom' and took a chance and ordered it. I am so glad I did! It has been on my discman and hifi constantly since! They are all incredible tracks! 'Dearly departed' and 'All will wait' really stand out. It is such a shame that they have not had fame in this country, it would be well deserved! I wish I could compare them to someone to convince you, but no one sounds quite like them! Jasper Steverlinck's vocals are so powerful! The words and music combine together for an incredible listening experience! I have brought so many CDs over the years and if I could only keep one this would be it!
on 2 November 2003
I found arid at the Imax cinema when I went to see a film titled "the haunted castle". I heard little things of venom with maximum bass and fell in love. I bought the album whilst browsing, and decided to give it a try. And it's great.
They are a mellow band, good to chill out to after a loong day at work or college. Lyrics are strangely deep, but it's worth listening to. It's not for everyone, but it's part of the evolving world of music, so why not try something new?
on 19 March 2004
Like others, I found Arid as they ended an Imax presentation. The title track, "Little Things of Venom" sounded amazing. I bought the album on the strength of one track, and I haven't been disappointed. Every track is excellent, no fillers here. Hard to pick a favourite as they are all brilliant in their own way. I hope they break into the UK market as I'm sure I'm not alone when I say they would do well, and bring a welcome change to a lot of the stuff that seems to be around recently. All i can say is try it, and I'm sure you'll like it.