Format: DVD|Change

I think Beavis and Butt-Head are hilarious, and this movie is incredibly funny. You either love this type of comedy or you hate it. If you really want to forget everything and just have totally unproductive fun for 90 minutes, this is just what the doctor ordered. It's crude, juvenile, and dumb, wallowing in its own stupidity, but Beavis and Butt-Head are all about mindless fun.
When the boys' TV is stolen, Beavis begins going into withdrawal almost immediately, while Butt-Head realizes-slowly-that the situation stinks (or something like that). Their search for a replacement leads them into a cheap motel room, where they are promised 10 G's for doing a guy's wife. Needless to say, B&B misinterpret their instructions. Soon they are in Las Vegas, where the guy's wife manages to get them on her side, promises to meet them in Washington, D.C., and sews a top-secret, incredibly dangerous, stolen biological agent in Beavis' shorts. We follow the boys across the country, helped along by a cool old lady with a purse full of pills and their typical blind luck. With ATF agents chasing them all the way, the boys' road trip ends in the White House, where the very future of the country rests in the hands of none other than Beavis and Butt-Head.
Everything you love from the original show is here-plus more. Mr. Anderson and his wife, taking their own cross-country vacation, run across the boys on several occasions much to their chagrin (three words: body cavity search). There are an abundant number of "you said" jokes, senseless giggling, Fire! pronouncements, "come to Butt-Head" lines, snide comments from Beavis, and not one but two great scenes featuring the hilarious Cornholio. Even Bill and Chelsea Clinton join the fun in the end. Robert Stack supplies the voice for the lead ATF agent-that's a little weird at first because it sounds as if he is narrating from outside the scene rather than speaking. I should add that I really love the opening credits, which melds Starsky and Hutch with Charlie's Angels to produce a uniquely fun way to start this most irreverent of movies.
Certainly, this type of humor isn't for everyone, but you owe it to yourself to give B&B a try before condemning it. This movie celebrates its own stupidity; it doesn't take itself seriously, and neither should anyone who watches it. Few movies offer as many laughs as this senseless animated comedy, and that makes it a good thing. You may not learn anything from it, but you will be entertained.
on 5 June 2004
Since the age of about 15, i have been strangely drawn to the antics of these 2 characters. I remember when my friend first mentioned Beavis and Butthead, (he had cable TV and i didn't), he put it on for me when i went round his house, and from that very first episode i saw, i was hooked!
Now if any of you have never seen Beavis and Butthead, let me just fill you in. They have (or used to have) a series on MTV and Channel 4. It is a cartoon, where Beavis and Butthead are the 2 main characters. They are 2 teenage, juvenile, rude youths, whose only friends are each other, and they spend all of their time sat in front of their TV,flicking through all the channels, and commenting on all of the programs, getting especially excited when they see a semi-naked woman, or scenes of violence, or heavy metal music. The TV series has a cult following, and ran for years and years on MTV, and is now sadly missed, as they don't make it anymore.
In 1997, i heard the news which was music to my ears, they were making a Beavis and Butthead movie! What joy! Although i was unsure exactly what to expect, (i mean could they really make a movie of them flicking through the TV channels?), the movie came out, and i was straight down the local UCI to see it. The plotline (if you can call it that) is fairly simple. Beavis and Butthead have their TV nicked from their lounge, and set about finding it. Thats basically it. Obviously doing this is not that simple, and they end up going all round America, getting involved with gangsters, nuns, and causing all manner of havoc along the way, ending with a meeting with the president! I won't say much more than that about the actual story line as i don't want to ruin it for you!
From the opening title sequence, which is a 'shaft' spoof, with Beavis + Butthead dressed up in 70's gear surrounded by a bevy of beautiful women, i loved this movie. I have watched it now at least ten times,and still heartily laugh at many of the scenes. As this is a feature length movie, the animation and artwork is a lot better and more detailed than the scrappy TV series, and a lot more time has gone into it. Indeed the humour and the jokes are, although still very juvenile, a lot funnier. The creator of the twosome, Mike Judge, provides the voices for both, and also for many of the other characters aswell. The constant chuckles of the two of them never start to grate, and you will find yourself chuckling for hours, even days after seeing the film, in a Butthead stylee!
A favourite scene of mine, is where Beavis eats a 'mushroom' in the desert, as he's dehydrated and thinks it will be full of water. this mushroom is obviously of the magic variety, and soon he's off on a psychadelic trip, seeing colourful goblins and ghouls, along with a white zombie soundtrack! Another great moment is in the plane when Beavis overdoses on a nice old lady's sleeping pills, and turns into his alter ego, 'The great cornholio'. This alter ego is seen many times in the film, causing havoc in the White house towards the end!
Thats enough spoiling the film for you. The soundtrack is also very good, as it contains'Love rollercoaster' by my beloved Chili Peppers, which is funky as hell! The rest of the soundtrack is good aswell, as Beavis and Butthead love their rock, so they wouldn't have anything less.
All in all, if you like a good laugh, if you're not afraid of a little juvenile humour, then this is for you. If you're easily offended, i maybe wouldn't recommend it, but thats up to you. In my eyes, its 80 minutes of great entertainment!
on 21 November 2003
How I do miss the boys. At a time when MTV was actually cool and was playing music videos, (what are those again?), Beavis and Butt-head pretty much ruled the channel, providing us with hours after hours of pure entertainment. Was it stupid entertainment? Of course it was, that's why it was so amusing. I actually think of the shows as a clever satire of how high school students are portrayed. Now with their very own film, "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America," the boys are causing more chaos and mischief than ever before.
After their beloved television set is stolen, Beavis and Butt-Head decide to watch another one, no matter where they find it. Their stupidity leads them a drunken fool who mistakes the boys for paid killers he had hired to kill his wife. And things quickly get out of control from one mix up to another. The boys end up being a "national security threat" with every FBI agent after them. And all they wanted was their TV back! The results are hilarious and unpredictable.
This is a great movie for anyone who loves Beavis and Butt-Head. Is it as good as the shows? Not in my opinion, but it's pretty darn close. The sick and stupid humor is all there and the storyline is very creative and well-done. There are tons of celebrity voices that you just might recognize.
The DVD itself is average. Nothing real new and exciting here. There's two trailers, and that's about it. The sound and picture quality is really good. I just wished the DVD itself had more to offer. This is a movie I wouldn't mind re-buying if they ever decide to make a special edition.
All in all, "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America" is outrageously funny and is a lot more clever than people give it credit for. If you want laughs and a good time, pick up this film as soon as possible. Just thank God that you're not as dumb as these two morons. Thanks to these two dudes, you'll never want to drop out of high school.
on 2 May 2014
You know what? It's been years since I watched this and then an uncontrollable urge to watch it came over me. I ordered, put it on and I laughed my ass off.
The idea of Beavis an Butt-Head going on a road trip to score and, along the way, disregard some of the greatest sights the USA has to offer is genius. More so is the fact you can take these two morons and have them in the middle of a storyline involving weapons dealers, ATF agents with a penchant for cavity searches and a kindly old lady with a purse full of caffeine pills and candy corn.
Innuendos aplenty, one of the finest voice casts ever assembled and brilliant special features makes this a must-have... Unless you don't like Beavis and Butt-Head in which case "You suck more than anything that has ever sucked before."

Kidding.
on 10 July 2014
I was never a fan of the cartoon series, but I really like the film, It's pretty bizarre but likeable, and pretty funny, in a childish puerile sort of way, not every ones cup of tea, but I enjoyed it none the less.
on 17 August 2008
From start to finish it is funny with a brill story line. I've watched this film at at least 5 times and the humour is still there.
If you want to laugh buy this dvd.
For the film lovers out there you might like to know that Bruce Willis is in this film.
For the music lovers out there you might like to know that the red hot chili peppers sing a song in this film.
So there's something for everyone but one things for sure this film will make you laugh!!!!!
I remember going to see ‘Beavis and Butthead Do America’ when it came out in the cinema back in 1996. I was nineteen and had never bothered to watch the cartoon it was based on. My expectations were low, but I found the whole film hilarious and couldn’t believe how I’d never watched the TV show before.

Now, as the decades have passed, I occasionally slip the DVD back into the machine, namely to try and recapture whatever I originally saw in it. I’ve watched it about three times since the cinema. Each time I can barely raise a smile. In the TV series, the two titular characters spend much of their time on their sofa, watching the television. Therefore, in order to give the film a little more scope, they’re set is quickly stolen, giving them an excuse to leave the confines of their house and go on a road trip across America. Naturally, it isn’t just as easy as buying a new telly. They also get caught up in a plot to assassinate someone and inadvertently transport a weapon of mass destruction across the country.

However, despite all the many different directions the film now goes in, I still don’t find it as funny as the first time I watched it. The ATF agent charged with the task of hunting the two ‘fugitives’ down it still quite funny. He has a ‘catchphrase’ still gets an audible chuckle out of me every time he uses it (if you haven’t already seen it, I won’t spoil it for you). But, he’s about the high-point of the film – in my now adult opinion. And, seeing as he’s only a peripheral character, I find I’m not getting as many laughs out of the central characters as I am a secondary one.

Maybe this film appeals to younger people. Maybe I’ve outgrown its deliberately ‘low-brow’ humour. Maybe it’s a sign I should never watch anything that ‘kids today’ enjoy? I guess that Beavis and Butthead Do America spells the end of my illusion that I’m still part of that demographic. I’ll still probably watch it again in a couple of years just in case my opinion has changed back again.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2001
For me, the funniest thing about Beavis and Butt-Head is that their only motivation in life is to score or to be cool (and hence score). Most of their half-baked plans are inspired by things they've seen on TV or been told to do at school and usually end in catastrophe for some of the less fortunate characters such as their neighbour Mr. Anderson or their hippy teacher Mr. Vandreson. They never deliberately set out to do anyone any harm just for the sake of it though, it's usually just the consequences of them being so ignorant whilst trying to have a good time.
The film captures exactly this and sees Beavis and Butt-Head causing destruction all over America as they elude the FBI on their quest to get to Washington where they've been promised the chance to score. Just as with the TV series, there is no end of bad luck (caused directly by B & BH) for Mr. Anderson who is on holiday with his wife at the time. On their way there they get hired as hitmen (this is how it all begins), destroy the Hoover Dam, meet their fathers, join a coach of nuns, almost die in the desert, cause one of America's biggest ever traffic jams and breach security at the Whitehouse. Then at the end of the film, due to an unexpected but equally favourable chain of events, they are hailed as heroes without even really knowing why or how but not caring at the same time.
Although this film is not Beavis and But-Head at their best, it does sum them up perfectly and gives anyone who'd never watched their TV series a very good idea of what to expect. And don't forget that the soundtrack is available too which I was very pleased about having watched the film!
on 5 April 2016
Beavis and Butt-Head do America is a great movie, being a fan of Beavis and Butt-Head this movie had me cracking up and is still funny to this day. Brought it along with the seasons a while back and haven't watched it for a while but it doesn't go forgotten.
on 18 May 2013
I have to say that revisiting my youth on occasions is a wonderful thing. I remembered this 'movie' when chatting to friends at work and picked it up on Amazon the next day......watching it with my late teenage son was a wonderful experience as he had never seen them before. He had been getting annoyed with my earlier attempts at impersonating the duo however we both now guffaw when one of us attempts it.....I can't say or even think of the word 'cornholio' without grinning widely. Recommended without reservation......especially for fans of 'The Inbetweeners' and 'American Pie'.