Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 September 2000
I am a huge Nirvana fan. I have all of their music (albeit missing one single). This is probably why i was duped into buying this sub-standard "music dvd". For a start it features no music whatsoever and features crap intreviews with drug addicts who have at some point in their life had a meeting with Kurt. I don't want to talk anymore. I'm off to cry......
0Comment| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2001
This is possibly the worst music "documentary" I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. Cutting the actual clips of the band up and joining them up I think there is approximately 7 minutes of band/Kurt footage. The rest of the DVD is filled with interviews with opionated people who "knew" the band, fattened up with completely irrelevant thoughts from fans. Like erm... Nirvana Rocks!... erm...
This isn't a tribute as such. It's more like a camcordered session of pub gossip by a bunch of people who touched upon the band at some point. With the obligatory music journo interjecting with pure muso dribble.
Listening to their music is more of a Tribute to the band than this "cashing-in" cheaply made cack!
No wonder there is a statement at the very beginning stating that no Nirvana music is played throughout this DVD. That alone, set me up for what I was about to watch, I got what I expected, and wish I hadn't shelled out good money for it.
I wish I could rate it with a zero star.
0Comment| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2003
Erm, well that was a waste of money!!!! I brougth this one day and on my way how i decided to take it out of the wrapper, to find that on the inside of the box it says something like 'the producers want to say their is no nirvana recordings or music featured!' well thats a lot of use on the inside of the box NOT!!!! When i got home i watched it, to find that its just people with a slight relevence to the band (including some lady who is obviously reading out of something shes written) and some random comments off of fans!!!! The only interesting person in it is the photographer, who has some quite touching things to say. Yes, this is a 'tribute to kurt cobain' like it says onthe box, but there isnt much of kurt in it. I have a felling this is just some guys, who dont even like nirvana, trying to cash in on the death of the most amazing rocker in history!
on 24 June 2004
I brought this DVD for my brother at christmas because he likes nirvana. It was a waste of money, it has no music of nirvana in it just people talking a pile of crap, needless to say my brother did not like it and switched it of after about 5 minutes. If you are a nirvana fan don't buy this it's just a cash in on Kurt Cobain & Nirvana