on 31 January 2015
Uncut and region free!!-I received this bluray today and played it on my normal bluray player(not my multi region bluray player)and it played fine,its NOT region coded,its region free even tho it says REGION A. Its a classic Van Damme film and looks so much better on bluray and its 86 minuets-uncut.(the previous region 2 uk DVD was cut to bits)Considering it was released in 1989 it looks like a new film on bluray..im 100% happy with it!!-Van Dammes fans must buy this on bluray as its complet and uncut and looks stunning on bluray.
on 12 October 2017
Definitely needed to be graded and touched up/re-mastered before being presented as a final product.....this feels more like something you would find in the special features section on a second disc but I did know this before buying and I'm quite keen on the original so it's not a complaint. The movie we are all familiar with is far superior but if you are curious and can spare a few quid I should still give this a go. Especially if you are a JCVD fan. The music is incessant throughout the whole piece and you never get a break from it which lets certain moments down. There are many scenes in the film that would be better, more suspenseful and just more atmospheric if it wasn't scored over. Cyborg stands better as an action feature. In my opinion the directors' vision doesn't quite work for the general Van Damme audience.
on 11 February 2018
This came out of nowhere,what I mean is I only know of it through a Facebook group,so on seeing this existed I had to buy it asap.
I'd read some negative reviews but that didn't stop me and I'm glad it didn't,yes it's picture and sound quality is all over the place but if your like me,a sucker for full uncut versions of favourite movies then it really doesn't mater as long as you finally get to watch it.
I for one is a happy man. But beware if you think it's a full 1080p movie it's far from it,but like I said it's the full directors vision/cut/version.
on 14 June 2015
It's interesting as a fan, but as a movie the constant in and out of great quality and poor quality is distracting and comes across as a cool special feature than a proper film. It has its moments musically having a completely different soundtrack to the 'Van Damme edit' and storywise it's a little different. There were a few bits here and there, that I'd like to see in the theatrical edit, but most of it I could have done without. The theatrical edit has a great picture on blu ray and is the better movie.
on 12 January 2015
A Van Damme classic released in 1989 and one film I had to own on bluray!!-was it worth upgrading from the previous DVD release?-'yes' as the picture quality is a lot sharper and cleaner than the DVD version;my only 'gripe' about this new bluray release was the fact it was NOT WIDESCREEN(16;9),it was FULL SCREEN(4:3 ratio)and it it had no menu like a normal bluray and their was only a theatrical trailer as a 'bonus feature'..nothing else..It seemed to be UNCUT when I compared it to the previous DVD as I saw a few more things that the DVD didn't(like an arm break and more blood)All-in-all a must have for any fan of martial arts and fans of Van Damme.(the bluray does NOT have a pop-up menu like most blurays do)I give this new released 3 out of 5 cos of the negative aspect of it not being widescreen and having no bonus features..this film does look better than the DVD so I do recommend this to fans of van Damme.
on 23 September 2017
Do not buy it. It is unwatchable. The picture quality continually seitches between HD and very poor VHS back and forth throughout the whole film. Worse still is the sound which switches between good to inaudible at the same time. I forced myself to watch the whole film because I paid for it. Don't make the same mistake. I recommend you buy the Blu ray Cyborg instead as you will be able to enjoy virtually the same film but without the annoyances.
on 14 April 2018
I loved Cyborg as a kid so had to find it on blu ray, The blu ray is spanish writing on the back but the film is in english. If the sound comes on in spanish or spanish subs you can turn this off by finding sound options or subs,Great picture and sound and i would say buy it!
on 22 May 2015
This film is a post apocalyptic fun fest. Absolutely stupid and in no way a sci fi classic, doesn't provoke any serious existential questions or make us wonder if we truly know ourselves, but it's got lots of round house kicks. Very fun film, amusing for the wrong reasons, but still entertaining for all the right ones.
on 22 February 2014
Remember the first time i saw this and i thought it was really good, bought it again and it's still pretty good! Probably one of the better JCVD films. Because i swear the majority of them aren't that good. I do enjoy a good JCVD film! I recommend it to any who enjoy his films.
on 2 April 2014
Was a little unsure whether to but the blu ray, as several online entries said they dont play on uk players. However i had no trouble playing them on any of my players. Was great watching them in full hd, enjoyed the film thoroughly and happy to say it was worth every penny i spent on it.
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse