Customer reviews

The Madding Crowd
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£4.24+ £1.26 shipping

on 24 November 2000
not many people know about nine days, if you are one of them you are missing out on something that doesn't come along very often. that is, brilliant music. this cd is guitar anthems and heartfelt lyrics at their best, every song on the album is great. its middle-of-the-road stuff, so whether you like heavy or soft nine days is still for you. Absolutely is the one you may know, but it gets even better than this! check out revolve if you have lots of energy, or wanna be if you're in to heartmoving material. whatever you like, the madding crowd must be a part of your collection! buy this cd now, and make nine days your new favourite band, just like i did!
on 21 February 2002
This is such an ace album, the best I own in fact! The variety of songs here is fantastic, personally I like blink a lot as well (AND matchbox 20!) and I wonder how you can possibly equate nine days to them? There is certainly some aspects in common with matchbox 20 but i never by any means thought they were trying to "be" them. But that's my opinion. Just because they may dabble in both genres of music they dont have to necessarily be aspiring to be a particular band and I strongly dislike trying to pigeon-hole groups into one "sort" of music by way of judging how much you can like them. I think that their music is very original and has a great individual lilt to it and hence has great potential, and that nowadays too many bands are rolling off a succession of monotone songs, all sounding the same usually in attempts to match past sales with a similar track. It's refreshing that there is one band that has tried to provide variety, and succeeded amazingly. Nine Days can be mellow, light, catchy, slow in tempo or fast, but no two tracks are too alike except in respect to the talent that the group displays in them all. I can't wait for album 2 which has just been recorded, and will hopefully hit our shops here sometime in 2002.
VINE VOICEon 2 February 2005
This album was very good the first time i listened to it. John Hampton has quite a range of vocals in this album and tries to incorperate it into his songs. if you like good pop-rock style i would reccommend this as it is probably one of the best albums in that genre out there
on 7 February 2002
The playing is decent, the vocalist does a solid job, but it seems to me that Nine Days cannot decide whether they are a Blink 182 or a Matchbox 20 and they end up falling between the two stools.
The songs descend into a confused mess, half skate punk, half stadium rock and the lack of coherency is all too obvious at times.
I'm sure some people will love the crossover effecrs of this album, but by trying to be all things to all men, Nine Days have managed to be nothing to me.
on 17 September 2001
Like american rock/pop? This is about as close to it as a band is going to get.....and this is only the first album! Every track is burst with stinging, rocky guitars and soaring vocals. The only track that is a bit of a let down is bob dylan.....i find it tends to wonder in obscurity a bit much. However, 257 weeks, If I am, Crazy, Revole and Absolutely (story of a girl), are complete gems that will wear out your cd on repeated play. If you like bands like Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, etc etc, then you're gonna love this.
on 26 May 2002
This album rocks. The lyrics are the best i've heard in ages, and songs such as If I Am and Revolve burst with funky musicality. There are a few classic songs such as the incredibly catchy Absolutely (Story of a Girl, 257 Weeks and Back To Me. Some of the guitar riffs are sublime and the cd has not left my sound system since i bought it five weeks ago. I simply cannot stress how good this album is. Go out and buy it NOW!!!!!! A must for indie rock lovers and anyone with an ear for good music. Only one request - BRING ANOTHER ONE OUT!!!!
on 16 January 2005
This has to be simply the greatest album I own. I borrowed it once from a friend and it instantly got my attention. This a very emotional album with some very well written songs. "sometimes", "bitter" and "wannabe" are all masterpieces, with the rest of the songs purely stunning.
I cannot recommend the album enough, I obviously went and bought my own copy not long after.
If you like bands such as Tonic (again brilliant), vertical horizon, goo goo dolls and matchbox twenty, this album is a must have.
well what can i say? an amazing album, full of great lyrics that anyone can relate to. Nine days share a similar sound with other great rock bands such as third eye blind and vertical horizon, so if that is your kinda music, you will love the madding crowd. My favourite songs would have to be if i am, and revolve - i cant stress enough how much of a musical genius nine days have shown in these songs! how the band arent heard of in the uk is a mystery! A great buy.. im looking forward to the next album! happy listening!
on 23 November 2004
i'm gonna have to dissagree with some of the others here.. this ablbum deserves it's reputation. it is increadible. I bought it only knowing one track.. and i was not dissapointed. Bitter is an absolute gem. buy this album!
on 5 July 2005
This album is great!!! I first heard of the album using Amazon's "Explore Similar Items" from Vertical Horizon's Go cd. I then decided to purchase it and I have to say it was well worth it. It arrived in the post this morning and from the moment I put it on I was gripped. The highlight has to be the track Abosolutely (Story of a Girl) which I have already got stuck in my head and am sure to be singing it all day (if not all week!). This band rock!